+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warnock does a Slade

Warnock does a Slade

and blames everyone but himself.

The ref was poor but he’s not the reason we lost.

Sorry Neil you take the plaudits when we do well, but you got to put your hands up and say you got it horribly wrong last night.

We were getting outfought in midfield, Bamba was woeful but remained on for the full game. We weren’t creating **** all yet you made no changes of an attavking nature until the 81st minute.

And then one of those changes was a Liam ****ing Feeney when Tomlin remained on the bench!!!

Blackwell and Jepson were trying to speak to you but you were sulking and too stubborn to admit you were wrong.

Poor day at the office

Re: Warnock does a Slade

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Sorry Neil you take the plaudits when we do well, but you got to put your hands up and say you got it horribly wrong last night.

We were getting outfought in midfield, Bamba was woeful but remained on for the full game. We weren’t creating **** all yet you made no changes of an attavking nature until the 81st minute.

And then one of those changes was a Liam ****ing Feeney when Tomlin remained on the bench!!!

Blackwell and Jepson were trying to speak to you but you were sulking and too stubborn to admit you were wrong.

Poor day at the office
    What's the story with Tomlin? He cost a few million in the summer, has an impending court case, and has had limited game time. I'm amazed Warnock gets away with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    What's the story with Tomlin? He cost a few million in the summer, has an impending court case, and has had limited game time. I'm amazed Warnock gets away with this one.
    That’s the million dollar question. What is the story?

If it’s as a result of the court case why even bother having him on the bench?

Poor day at the office
    Never seen so many players have an off day all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Never seen so many players have an off day all at once.
    Agreed and yet he didn’t change anything until the 65th minute.

If we could use 6 outfield subs I’d have used them all at half time. Well 5, I wouldn’t have brought on Feeney.

That’s the million dollar question. What is the story?

If it’s as a result of the court case why even bother having him on the bench?
    Exactly.

If he was going to stick to the same tactics and not bring on Tomlin then Bogle should be on the bench. Just put on another big lump to hoof it up to.

Someone in the press should ask why Tomlin isnt coming on.

I can understand it if we are doing well. Last night was abysmal and crying out for some creativity.

Poor day at the office
    Spot on and perhaps to scared to sub Bamba ,who is bit one paced for midfield,he only has to look at the beginning of the season where we moved the ball quicker to forward line , Dreadful stuff Birmingham were not a great side

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Wonder if its a training ground thing ie attitude ?

That was painful to watch. Warnock just seemed to stand there stunned every time the camera showed him. I'm sure the guy's who went could tell me different but he didn't seem himself. He has been great for us but not last night. As mentioned why wait till the 80th odd minute to try n change things.Tomlin? haven't a clue whats going on there. I was hoping Ward would have come on sooner because he's a bit different to that starting eleven. We could still be there now and we wouldn't have scored.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    That was painful to watch. Warnock just seemed to stand there stunned every time the camera showed him. I'm sure the guy's who went could tell me different but he didn't seem himself. He has been great for us but not last night. As mentioned why wait till the 80th odd minute to try n change things.Tomlin? haven't a clue whats going on there. I was hoping Ward would have come on sooner because he's a bit different to that starting eleven. We could still be there now and we wouldn't have scored.
    He has a cautious ,safety first attitude to substitutions , and bit too loyal to some , he has branded himself on giving folk a chance and the bollocking them , which we may not know about ?

His backroom staff are always emotional and he likes that in them because they care ,he don't seem to have the answers last night ,to be fair hes found many other good answers this season and dragged us form nowhere last year so breath in and out slowly

The team in vast numbers let us down I think Bennett ,Manga and Morrison were okay the rest were appalling as JR says i woudl have subbed 6 if possible , those players were still on the ducking Int break , simply dreadful ,

46 match season.

One bad performance on TV whilst top of the league and the sky has fallen in...

Snowflakes. Stop crying you babies.

I believe the next home game against Millwall is becoming very significant. We looked woeful against Birmingham, Boro are going to stuff us (a combination of a long journey, poor lambs will be tired, and Gary Monk) so we will have had two defeats on the bounce. Two defeats is not a crisis but three on the trot will be. If that does happen, then we will see how good we are and if (Our Neil) is up to snuff. Just saying.

I actually thought the ref was pretty good apart from the high boot which he bottled.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    46 match season.

Just the one?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Just the one?
    More or less.

We've over-achieved this season so far. We've won games we expected to lose - it's a long season, no divine right to walk it and I believe no team will walk it this season.

It's still a work in progress, of course there are areas of improvement but if you listen to some the sky has fallen.

More or less.

We've over-achieved this season so far. We've won games we expected to lose - it's a long season, no divine right to walk it and I believe no team will walk it this season.

It's still a work in progress, of course there are areas of improvement but if you listen to some the sky has fallen.
    I suppose it depends on your own benchmark of how you expect the team to perform.

If you look at it in that we over achieved early on in the season, then the rest will seem to fall as expected.

If you look at it in that we played really well early on in the season and set the standard, then the rest since the international break (Leeds and Sunderland apart) has been poor in comparison and something of an under achievement.

I remember the season we finished 7th, missing out on the playoffs on the last day of the season, despite being touch with the top 2 for virtually the entire season. Some were happy because 7th was better than they'd predicted at the start. Others weren't so happy, as the team had easily outperformed that for virtually the whole season and let things slip at the end.

For me, targets change as you go through the season depending on where you are, otherwise it's easy to get complacent if things go better than planned.

Agree targets need to change. My view is that over the course of a 46 game season, you're going to get bad performances, especially in a tough league like this. There's no dominant side, there's plenty of parity.

We've areas of improvement, every side has.

I just wouldn't rush to fell we're somehow in a massive slump after that game - if it carried on 5-6 games, sure then I'd start to worry.

Whilst we created little ( and despite claims, we did have a shot on target by Bennet ), Zohore worked hard, created a great chance. Birmingham defenders had to make several key blocks - any one of those in isolation could have turned the game.

46 match season.

I don't think that, just picking through the bones of a bad performance. I would still have been overjoyed if you told me where we would be at this stage of the season. Warnock has certainly not become a bad manager or the player's bad players. Was just wondering about his choices last night. Still chuffed overall. Nice 1 mate.

We've absolutely mugged you for Tomlin.
    Divisive character in every changing room he's been in. Not a coincidence he spent the last half of last season on the bench for us and Warnock also won't play him.

Superbly talented. Absolute cock of a bloke.
    And he's going inside.

Warnock has said that at the end of October we'll know if we challenge the top 6. This game has put us under pressure for the rest of the month as it's not a game a top 6 team would lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Divisive character in every changing room he's been in. Not a coincidence he spent the last half of last season on the bench for us and Warnock also won't play him.

And he's going inside.
    That’s not what you said on Twitter when he indicated he was leaving Charles??

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post

And he's going inside.
    Your lot seemed a bit gutted by him leaving at the time but for a change I think I agree with the rest of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Your lot seemed a bit gutted by him leaving at the time but for a change I think I agree with the rest of your post.
    He loved him and was slating Johnson for not picking him 2nd half of the season

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I was gutted.
    Why wouldn't you be when a player of such natural talent moves on.
    I was also frustrated that he wasn't picked - as I can see exactly the same frustration he isn't picked on here.

Two seasons back I ran into a set of Bournemouth fans who asked how Tomlin was doing. They told me he was such a pain in the arse there that Howe gave up and told him to just fk off out of the club.
    Again they said natural talent is clearly there but for whatever reason - laziness or arrogance - he will never make the most of it.

If it were one manager say Johnson who didn't pick him you could argue it's a clash of styles.
    But when you've got Howe and then someone like Warnock with 30 years plus experience also not playing him - it's clearly the player.

You don't rack up that many clubs in such a short period of time without being a bit of a tool.
    Noticeable as well that hardly any players wished him well.
    Compare to say Wilbraham or Mark Little from the same squad who got plenty.
    There is a story there and I suspect he's also showing the same now at Cardiff.