+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Roger Johnson joins Bromley

Roger Johnson joins Bromley

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41622751

I thought he was great for us in his prime, but sadly now long past his best. Not played much over the last 5 years.

Re: Roger Johnson joins Bromley

Agreed he was all skin and bones but got stuck in

Great player for us

i thought he'd go on to have a very good career in the top division. I thought he was that good. Shows how much I know

Weren't we talking about a possible England cap at one point?
    He was great for us, made Loovens and Gyepes look good.

[QUOTE=The Bob Banker Spanker;4794898]Weren't we talking about a possible England cap at one point?
    He was great for us, made Loovens and Gyepes

Bit fond of the sauce wasn't he ?

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    i thought he'd go on to have a very good career in the top division. I thought he was that good. Shows how much I know
    He played premier league for a few years. Talk of him getting a big move at one point when he was playing we for Brum.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Bit fond of the sauce wasn't he ?
    by all accounts a little too much

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    by all accounts a little too much
    That was my perception. Booze doesn't differentiate with its victims .

http://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/125...ersion=1255845

I liked ol Roger though. Was good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    http://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/125...ersion=1255845

I liked ol Roger though. Was good for us.
    In fairness Toure has done that to better players than him. Hope he is well.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    I thought he'd play for England. He really was that good, but he had his demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I thought he'd play for England. He really was that good, but he had his demons.
    Wasn't Jones looking at Ashley Williams and Roger Johnson. Ashley chose the jacks so he went for Rog. Sure it was the case but I am happy to be corrected. I not sure now.

Still only 34 relatively good age for a defender ,I'm sure there were rumours that Arsenal were looking at him in his prime ,bet he never thought then he'd play for Pune City in the Indian league .

Thought he was up with with the great defenders that city have had on thier books

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Wasn't Jones looking at Ashley Williams and Roger Johnson. Ashley chose the jacks so he went for Rog. Sure it was the case but I am happy to be corrected. I not sure now.
    We did bid for both players, as did they. We got Roger Johnson in the summer of 2006. Williams signed for Swansea in March 2008. We bid for Williams repeatedly.

His bravado masked some of his weaknesses though, I'll never forget the game at Wednesday when Quincy put in a rubbish ball that was headed clear, and Johnson ran over to scream at him despite the fact he was closest to the ball and we were 1-0 down. Also, when Johnson taught the Canton about 25 new swear words when Mark Howard flapped at a ball vs Barnet. Odd bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41622751

I thought he was great for us in his prime, but sadly now long past his best. Not played much over the last 5 years.
    Agreed - what a strange career trajectory he had.

Always a 100%'er and lets be honest the average fan loves that

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We did bid for both players, as did they. We got Roger Johnson in the summer of 2006. Williams signed for Swansea in March 2008. We bid for Williams repeatedly.

His bravado masked some of his weaknesses though, I'll never forget the game at Wednesday when Quincy put in a rubbish ball that was headed clear, and Johnson ran over to scream at him despite the fact he was closest to the ball and we were 1-0 down. Also, when Johnson taught the Canton about 25 new swear words when Mark Howard flapped at a ball vs Barnet. Odd bloke.
    Good knowledge.

Remember when he got clotheslined by Claude Davies....Warnock's Palace team

Turned up for training at Wolves pissed, didn't train on as much as he could have.

He was very good in his first Premier League season with Birmingham. I'm sure I read that he got more defensive blocks in than anyone else in the division that year and an England cap was a distinct possibility at that time - it all seemed to go wrong for him after he signed for Wolves.

Yes he was frozen out at Wolves by Jackett after falling out of favour. I think he played for West Ham at our place in 13/14 and then again for Wednesday down in Cardiff and was good for both. I think he only played 5 times for Charlton last season though.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Turned up for training at Wolves pissed, didn't train on as much as he could have.
    Alcohol draws no distinction of who it wrecks. Suspect it would be made illegal if it was invented today.