+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Roger Johnson joins Bromley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Roger Johnson joins Bromley

i thought he'd go on to have a very good career in the top division. I thought he was that good. Shows how much I know

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    i thought he'd go on to have a very good career in the top division. I thought he was that good. Shows how much I know
    I thought he'd play for England. He really was that good, but he had his demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I thought he'd play for England. He really was that good, but he had his demons.
    Wasn't Jones looking at Ashley Williams and Roger Johnson. Ashley chose the jacks so he went for Rog. Sure it was the case but I am happy to be corrected. I not sure now.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Wasn't Jones looking at Ashley Williams and Roger Johnson. Ashley chose the jacks so he went for Rog. Sure it was the case but I am happy to be corrected. I not sure now.
    We did bid for both players, as did they. We got Roger Johnson in the summer of 2006. Williams signed for Swansea in March 2008. We bid for Williams repeatedly.

His bravado masked some of his weaknesses though, I'll never forget the game at Wednesday when Quincy put in a rubbish ball that was headed clear, and Johnson ran over to scream at him despite the fact he was closest to the ball and we were 1-0 down. Also, when Johnson taught the Canton about 25 new swear words when Mark Howard flapped at a ball vs Barnet. Odd bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We did bid for both players, as did they. We got Roger Johnson in the summer of 2006. Williams signed for Swansea in March 2008. We bid for Williams repeatedly.

His bravado masked some of his weaknesses though, I'll never forget the game at Wednesday when Quincy put in a rubbish ball that was headed clear, and Johnson ran over to scream at him despite the fact he was closest to the ball and we were 1-0 down. Also, when Johnson taught the Canton about 25 new swear words when Mark Howard flapped at a ball vs Barnet. Odd bloke.
    Good knowledge.