+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolves were good

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Wolves were good

Disregarding our dislike of Wolves fans, it looks as though their team has the talent and depth to gain automatic promotion.

I wanted a draw just so both would drop points, or a Villa win to shut their fans up.

Villa would have been on the end of a much larger 'doing' if it were not for Hutton.

Of all the teams we've played so far I think Sheffield United and possibly Preston are the ones that will be competing at the top for a long time yet.

Re: Wolves were good

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Disregarding our dislike of Wolves fans, it looks as though their team has the talent and depth to gain automatic promotion.

I wanted a draw just so both would drop points, or a Villa win to shut their fans up.

Villa would have been on the end of a much larger 'doing' if it were not for Hutton.

Of all the teams we've played so far I think Sheffield United and possibly Preston are the ones that will be competing at the top for a long time yet.
    Two sides to every story, were Villa bad. ? (just saying like)

I hate wolves

Its all about de money, how well you spend, (take note MM) and they have invested very well,in the right individuals, set them up well , and rightly sit on the top.

We did well against them early season , or was it because we caught them on where they were still adjusting.

Let's see how they manage winter Tuesday night's and other Midland derbies.

Of all of the teams I've seen at home, the Blades were the more impressive.

I thought the battle would be Boro and Villa for top two ,with Derby ,Wolves, Hull and the Owls following on , hey what do I know, in this mad league .

Others such as us Brizzies,Preston ,Blades and Leeds are up there creating a confused and difficult situation for others to get a run together and it's stopping them getting any continuity together to move away from the pack.

For me,I'm not getting to excited , I'm just watching the 3rd from bottom and 6th place and points.

We have a genuine chance of automatic promotion , all sides have blips

Gutting when you look at the table, we should be beating sides in the bottom 3, although historically we never do......Sheffield Utd will fade I think, still expect a surge from villa and boro but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Absolutely, in this division in particular. Any team currently occupying the top spots could easily fall away, look at leeds. And the likes of Derby, Hull, Birmingham etc could just as easily be up there in no time. We're not going to do a Newcastle, we're clearly not good enough. For us it's all about consistency, and the fact we have NW in charge gives me much more confidence that we won't go on a long run of bad form like we used to under DJ, but can maintain that consistency over the season. Also we've got Paterson, Camp, Healy and Harris to come back into the squad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Absolutely, in this division in particular. Any team currently occupying the top spots could easily fall away, look at leeds. And the likes of Derby, Hull, Birmingham etc could just as easily be up there in no time. We're not going to do a Newcastle, we're clearly not good enough. For us it's all about consistency, and the fact we have NW in charge gives me much more confidence that we won't go on a long run of bad form like we used to under DJ, but can maintain that consistency over the season. Also we've got Paterson, Camp, Healy and Harris to come back into the squad too.
    Points on the board and a manager with some bollocks , we have a great chance

Respectively I don't there is not enough creativity in the team for automatic ,hope I'm wrong .

Might change in the January window , however I'm sure FRO will kick in for us , very unfair process in my view some are spending millions .

We got a great base though for a top 6 , I do agree you can't judge on the blips like Preston and Brum , however we have lost our zest , and ability to get on the front foot quickly, which we so pleasing to see early season, at that point I thought no one would live with us .

Our mental attitude needs looking at as we came through a very tough period playing top 6 clubs very well .

Let's hope Brum was a blip , they say you judge a good side from its recovery, from a poor result .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Respectively I don't there is not enough creativity in the team for automatic ,hope I'm wrong .

Might change in the January window , however I'm sure FRO will kick in for us , very unfair process in my view some are spending millions .

We got a great base though for a top 6 , I do agree you can't judge on the blips like Preston and Brum , however we have lost our zest , and ability to get on the front foot quickly, which we so pleasing to see early season, at that point I thought no one would live with us .

Our mental attitude needs looking at as we came through a very tough period playing top 6 clubs very well .

Let's hope Brum was a blip , they say you judge a good side from its recovery, from a poor result .

I have faith in Warnock

I have faith in Warnock
    And me ,i'm a huge fan , he's a real footy manager better than most before him , just wish we had the wealth to back him .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And me ,i'm a huge fan , he's a real footy manager better than most before him , just wish we had the wealth to back him .
    I think his ability to build a never say die attitude may see us through , of course we are having a drop in form though , can't deny that

We looked like world beaters in our first 5 games. Wolves will dip in form - I just hope we are there to cash in on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    We looked like world beaters in our first 5 games. Wolves will dip in form - I just hope we are there to cash in on it.
    Too right they will , it's a long season

I think his ability to build a never say die attitude may see us through , of course we are having a drop in form though , can't deny that
    Do think teams have worked us out us out. as well .

In the immortal lyrics "we're going through changes"

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Two sides to every story, were Villa bad. ? (just saying like)
    Villa were not good enough to reply after going 1-0 down.

They struggled against a decent outfit.

Their previous 4 wins were against mediocre teams and apart from a few decent individual performances they came up short.

Villa will be in the mix at the end of the season but probably well below Wolves (unfortunately).

Friday night after an international break against a side with a new manager was never going to end well

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Villa were not good enough to reply after going 1-0 down.

They struggled against a decent outfit.

Their previous 4 wins were against mediocre teams and apart from a few decent individual performances they came up short.

Villa will be in the mix at the end of the season but probably well below Wolves (unfortunately).
    Villa made a big mistake in buying Terry, in my opinion you need to stay away from sunset premiership players as they dont create dressing room harmony and equlaity .

They could have had the choice of many centre backs with the money they spent on his alledged wage .

Better than Barcelona

I hate wolves
    But that front three of theirs are something else

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Thought the Brum front three were equally impressive.

And better than those three is Neves behind them. They've got the most quality in the league. Just hope this winter is too much for them..

One of their fans genuinely called them the "Barcelona of the Championship" on 5 Live. Jason Mohammad quite rightly pointed out that Cardiff beat them fairly comfortably

The sheer arrogance of some of the Wolves fans is ridiculous

Not as effective as ours though when they're on form - I'd like one of Wolves' midfield players mind.

Wolves look different class at the moment . Our early season form is a distant memory .
    Not beating Birmingham , no , not competing with Birmingham was unforgivable .
    Aston Villa won't be far away , neither will Derby they showed tactical nouse against us .
    Unfortunately football results are generally determined by the budget . We spent 1.5 million on a player who doesn't get anywhere near the team , other than that it is freebies and trying to resurrect players we already had and their careers were going down the pan .
    I cashed in my bet on us today , I had 14/1 ew which you won't get anywhere but I turned a profit . I have my doubts I would be seeing a profit in the coming weeks and months .
    I hope the team prove me wrong , Fridays performance scarred me .