+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netflix - White Helmets

Netflix - White Helmets

Anyone watched it ? Moving stuff, with some REAL tough guys. I've only just started watching the odd thing on Netflix, enjoyed Jack Whitehall with his Dad in SE Asia.

Any recommendations ?

Re: Netflix - White Helmets

Some very good series on Netlix can recommend:
    House of Cards
    Narcos.
    Stranger Things.
    Just starting MindHunters, looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    House of Cards
    Narcos.
    Stranger Things.

Yep Narcos is superb. Stranger Things is decent.
    Also... Breaking Bad
    Better call Saul
    Making of a Murderer
    Black Mirror

Loads of decent films too.

Top 50

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...netflix-tv-uk/

Never watch sky now with Netflix and Amazon Prime ,and It saves me money

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Anyone watched it ? Moving stuff, with some REAL tough guys. I've only just started watching the odd thing on Netflix, enjoyed Jack Whitehall with his Dad in SE Asia.

Any recommendations ?
    Nothing beats watching a good Hollywood fantasy movie as the winter evenings draw in

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Nothing beats watching a good Hollywood fantasy movie as the winter evenings draw in

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

I quite enjoy Designated Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I quite enjoy Designated Survivor
    Especially Emily

House of Cards
    Narcos.
    Stranger Things.
    Have you watched any of the third season of Narcos? I've seen the first three, and I'm struggling to be enthusiastic about any of the other episodes. Looks like they should have ended it in Season 2.

Looking forward to the second season of Stranger Things.

Daredevil (Season 1) and Jessica Jones were great. Will watch Defenders - haven't bothered with Iron Fist because reviews are unfavourable.

Thought 3 was the best

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Thought 3 was the best
    I'll stick with it then, but if it turns out to be shit I'll be back.

I thoughNarcos 3 was excellent, I didn't get on with designated survivor.
    Try Mindhunter its new .

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Have you watched any of the third season of Narcos? I've seen the first three, and I'm struggling to be enthusiastic about any of the other episodes. Looks like they should have ended it in Season 2.

Daredevil (Season 1) and Jessica Jones were great. Will watch Defenders - haven't bothered with Iron Fist because reviews are unfavourable.
    Defenders was only slightly better than Iron Fist, and Iron fist was shite.
    First half of Luke Cage was good then tailed of badly.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Thought 3 was the best
    Just finished Series 3 of Narcos. I too had reservations as the end of series 2 was a natural place to end it. I agree though, I thought the 3rd part was the best one of the lot. It had it all, it was an excellent story, brutal in places and brings it home how lawless some of these places are. I see they are making a 4th series as well. Im looking forward to it.

House of Cards
    Narcos.
    Stranger Things.
    Really enjoyed Stranger Things

I cant find House of Cards anywhere.
    Narcos is superb as was Suburra the Italian gangster series.
    Looking for something new to watch myself .Too cold for the garden.

I cant watch the rest of House of Cards (just 5 episodes to go :rolleyes: ), what with K. Spacey playing the part of a morally ambiguous slimeball (very well), the idea of it is uncomfortable now. Shame - it is / was riveting.

My favourite two things on Netflix have also been Breaking Bad and then its spin off Better Call Saul.
    Would have to be viewed in that order as i think BCS only works if you have already developed a feeling towards the characters from BB. It is much slower paced.

I think I will 'park' our Netflix subscription for a while. Maybe try Prime for a bit.
    I've got a drive with all of Game of Thrones on it , ploughing through that. By the Gods 'tis truly excellent. Binging is occurring.

Recent watches have been Ozark and Mindhunter (both excellent). Not sure about Stranger Things, it was good but not as good as many make out. Now starting The Sinner, story about a violent woman. First episode was promising.

**** reviews off and give 1 or 2 episodes a go. Not that I've seen it myself...but it's what I do.

I really didn't fancy stranger things, ended up doing the lot in 1 weekend. Didn't fancy suits and that is really good too..worth watching the odd episode and making your own opinion.

Better call Saul is raved about and I wasn't fussed after about 3 episodes..so I tend not to listen to reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post

Any recommendations ?
    Narcos
    Stranger Things
    Daredevil
    Jessica Jones
    Breaking Bad
    Better Call Saul
    Peter and the Farm
    Black Mirror

Didn't like the Jack Whitehall thing - will give White Helmets a watch. Need to get through House of Cards before they pull it.

Top 50

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...netflix-tv-uk/

Never watch sky now with Netflix and Amazon Prime ,and It saves me money
    I just ditched Sky saving me £60 a month. Was considering BT, purely for the kids channels for my son, but that was £20 a month and I need an aerial. Just sticking with freesat and Amazon/Netflix now. £9 a month for UHD content that I can share with family members. I may pay for my own Amazon soon (sharing with sister at the moment), from the money saved on Sky. Oh.... and NO BLOODY ADVERTS.

Sky are relying on older folks who aren't changing their viewing habits, and their "340" channels - most of which are free to air anyway.

Going to get the Cartoon Network using Now TV. Just paid £6 for 4 months.

Just realised this is a bumped thread which has resulted in me regurgitating my boring old shit.

I just ditched Sky saving me £60 a month. Was considering BT, purely for the kids channels for my son, but that was £20 a month and I need an aerial. Just sticking with freesat and Amazon/Netflix now. £9 a month for UHD content that I can share with family members. I may pay for my own Amazon soon (sharing with sister at the moment), from the money saved on Sky. Oh.... and NO BLOODY ADVERTS.

Sky are relying on older folks who aren't changing their viewing habits, and their "340" channels - most of which are free to air anyway.

Going to get the Cartoon Network using Now TV. Just paid £6 for 4 months.

Just realised this is a bumped thread which has resulted in me regurgitating my boring old shit.
    We hear and welcome yer alledged boring shit and very sensible moves

We hear and welcome yer alledged boring shit and very sensible moves

To be honest, though, I strongly recommend that people who subscribe to Sky check exactly what programs they have Sky for. Chances are, you can get them cheaper elsewhere, get them when they are on (Now TV), or they are on channels that are free anyway. Sky dupe people with the 340 channels horseshit. £20 a month for movies - fair enough if you are watching 2/3 a week - watching one a month? Just go to the cinema or buy a DVD. £40 a month for Sports - fair enough if you are watching live sport every week - but just the odd big event? Go to the pub and save your local.

TV Series - Netflix piss all over Sky on that front.

As mentioned above, Stranger Things is a must, just finished Sinner too, excellent psychological programme, great few twists too.