+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Grown up men playing on game consoles

Grown up men playing on game consoles

Fifa etc. Why cant they grow a pair and get a real hobby to keep/get them fit?? Just asking like. Flubbing at their computer when they could be out running and enjoying the fresh air. Just saying like.

Re: Grown up men playing on game consoles

Because they enjoy it I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Fifa etc. Why cant they grow a pair and get a real hobby to keep/get them fit?? Just asking like. Flubbing at their computer when they could be out running and enjoying the fresh air. Just saying like.
    Same may say the same about posting on a website dedicated to men kicking a bag of air around some grass.

Do what you enjoy.

Next you'll telling us to search positive news uk

No different to posting on a football messageboard

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Next you'll telling us to search positive news uk
    This idiot is so transparent

Can’t you have him over on your forum?

Any grown man playing video games is strange

Sex pest types

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Any grown man playing video games is strange

Sex pest types
    Are you a PS4 or XBox1 sort of chap?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Are you a PS4 or XBox1 sort of chap?
    I am a man of metal , entertainment wise

Grand theft auto kiss my arse

What is the difference to playing FIFA on a console, and playing football in a Sports Hall with some mates? I do both, one keeps me fit, the other keeps me entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    What is the difference to playing FIFA on a console, and playing football in a Sports Hall with some mates? I do both, one keeps me fit, the other keeps me entertained.
    It's finding a balance, isn't it? The problem is when people spend way too much time immersed in gaming on line that becomes their life.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It's finding a balance, isn't it? The problem is when people spend way too much time immersed in gaming on line that becomes their life.
    Who is it a problem for?

The average age of a gamer is early thirties. So grown men playing video games is the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Who is it a problem for?
    Fixated on anything to the extent of all else, for the most part, is a problem for the individual and those around them surely?

Gaming, alcohol, betting. Combine those with addictive personalities.

Good thread though, well done ye olde thread starter. Nice debate and a reasonably humorous contribution by most

I have no problem with people doing whatever they want in their own homes. Why should I care if someone I don't know wants to play video games? What I do wonder about, is married guys whose wives let them have a room in the house to play video games. I don't think my wife would have sex with me ever again if I spent my spare time locked in room playing computer games. I consider myself lucky just to be able to watch sports.

Blog Entries

Good thread though, well done ye olde thread starter. Nice debate and a reasonably humorous contribution by most
    1UP

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I have no problem with people doing whatever they want in their own homes. Why should I care if someone I don't know wants to play video games? What I do wonder about, is married guys whose wives let them have a room in the house to play video games. I don't think my wife would have sex with me ever again if I spent my spare time locked in room playing computer games. I consider myself lucky just to be able to watch sports.
    it gets worse that just a room

I have the plans sat here on my desk ( for job to start next year ) for a " Games room / home cinema " in his garden ( its a massive garden ) , its going to be a nice build, 16 seater Home cinema and a games room on the rear, 20M X 10 M in size, imho he should have a room upstairs of it in the roof, if you are spending that type of money, might aswell use the roof space, so the plans are going to change to have 2X dorma window in

going to be my disney fund for next year

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    it gets worse that just a room

I have the plans sat here on my desk ( for job to start next year ) for a " Games room / home cinema " in his garden ( its a massive garden ) , its going to be a nice build, 16 seater Home cinema and a games room on the rear, 20M X 10 M in size, imho he should have a room upstairs of it in the roof, if you are spending that type of money, might aswell use the roof space, so the plans are going to change to have 2X dorma window in

going to be my disney fund for next year
    Beats a Man Cave in the basement. I wouldn't mind being invited over to his place to watch big games.

Are you familiar with tailgating? It's basically going to a sporting event and hanging out in the parking lot drinking and eating usually at the tail end of one's parked car or truck. I was recently invited to a stag do that comprised of "custom" "luxury" tailgating. Basically, a company shows up with a mobile bar and kitchen, waitstaff and a giant screen TV to watch the game on. I suppose you do it anywhere even on your property if you had enough room.

Beats a Man Cave in the basement. I wouldn't mind being invited over to his place to watch big games.

Are you familiar with tailgating? It's basically going to a sporting event and hanging out in the parking lot drinking and eating usually at the tail end of one's parked car or truck. I was recently invited to a stag do that comprised of "custom" "luxury" tailgating. Basically, a company shows up with a mobile bar and kitchen, waitstaff and a giant screen TV to watch the game on. I suppose you do it anywhere even on your property if you had enough room.
    You wouldnt want to be invited around the blokes house, he is a horrible arrogant knob with too much money, i dont mind taking some of it of him though, it'll help pay for our disney trip next year

Yea, i have always fancied a walk around the carpark having a look at the people tailgating, I know the citrus bowl in orlando have a specific area set aside for it, but i always get out voted with the cry " Dad, why do we want to walk around a car park watching people cooking 1/2 a cow " ( keep in mind we are all veggie ) , i guess they have a point

Tailgating just sounds like a an excuse to go swinging / dogging whilst not missing the game

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Tailgating just sounds like a an excuse to go swinging / dogging whilst not missing the game
    It's actually pretty cool. It's just eating and drinking. When the NY Giants play a 1pm game the parking lot is usually full by 10am. Flags, chants, booze, grilling etc.

It's actually pretty cool. It's just eating and drinking. When the NY Giants play a 1pm game the parking lot is usually full by 10am. Flags, chants, booze, grilling etc.
    Waddling obese greedy Americans with their manufactured attempts at sport. Dim diolch