+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin in court tomorrow

Tomlin in court tomorrow

Re: Tomlin in court tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    They obsessed with him these scarecrow sorts. If it ain't Jursset or whatever his name is then it's The Brizzle post.

Fingers crossed, perhaps the reason why he's not had a run is down to the possibility of him serving a sentence ???

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Fingers crossed, perhaps the reason why he's not had a run is down to the possibility of him serving a sentence ???
    Be difficult to run midfield with one of those tag things on his ankle..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    There is a pretty good chance he will get a sentence which involves him being tagged.

Gary Croft played for us wearing one I think.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Gary Croft played for us wearing one I think.

You're right, he did. I think he was already wearing it before joining our club.

Expecting a fine a suspended sentence and community work. No tag

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You're right, he did. I think he was already wearing it before joining our club.
    I've zero knowledge of tags, but wouldn't it be dangerous playing football with one - someone could get injured?

When do we hear about the verdict?

He's still be more mobile than that lot on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    He was I think he was the first UK player to do so , gosh it fills me with pride, we have always been in the forefront of social
    misbehavior almost pioneers ,no wonder Phill Mulryne sought god after leaving us

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He was I think he was the first UK player to do so , gosh it fills me with pride, we have always been in the forefront of social
    misbehavior almost pioneers ,no wonder Phill Mulryne sought god after leaving us
    Didn't Charlie Oatway join us after a 6 month spell at HMs pleasure ?

I once nearly stood crown court trial for gbh with intent and affray. Was told looking at 3 years if found guilty. We all pleaded guilty to affray and they quashed the gbh with intent charge. I was innocent but pleaded guilty as the offer was for all to plead guilty or we go to trial.
    Spent a weekend in Cardiff prison whilst the judge made his mind up (apparently this is a shock tactic to people who prison wouldn’t serve them any benefit ie I had never been in trouble before, and had a decent job and a mortgage) then I had a 700 quid fine and 240 hours community service.
    Community service was decent I went with the local boys club and helped train the kids, mow the pitch, referees a game. It was so enjoyable I was gutted when my hours were over.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I once nearly stood crown court trial for gbh with intent and affray. Was told looking at 3 years if found guilty. We all pleaded guilty to affray and they quashed the gbh with intent charge. I was innocent but pleaded guilty as the offer was for all to plead guilty or we go to trial.
    Spent a weekend in Cardiff prison whilst the judge made his mind up (apparently this is a shock tactic to people who prison wouldn’t serve them any benefit ie I had never been in trouble before, and had a decent job and a mortgage) then I had a 700 quid fine and 240 hours community service.
    Community service was decent I went with the local boys club and helped train the kids, mow the pitch, referees a game. It was so enjoyable I was gutted when my hours were over.
    Get into footy coaching mate

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I've zero knowledge of tags, but wouldn't it be dangerous playing football with one - someone could get injured?
    I think cause he was the first (Croft) they (football league) looked into it and deemed it safe. They ain't very big. No bigger n them old shin pads with the ankle bits on them. The ones that Gary crisps used to sponsor . Cant recall the name of the boots he used to wear. Quazar or summit.

So no one knows what happened to Tomlin then?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

It would scare the life out of me and would be a real wake up call.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I think cause he was the first (Croft) they (football league) looked into it and deemed it safe. They ain't very big. No bigger n them old shin pads with the ankle bits on them. The ones that Gary crisps used to sponsor . Cant recall the name of the boots he used to wear. Quazar or summit.

I remember a few years ago drinking in the Carpenter's Arms, Rumney hill. It was Summer time and there was a guy stood at the bar wearing shorts and a clearly visible tag. It was like a badge of honour to him. I'd be ashamed to walk around my neighbourhood with that showing.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    You'd have thought so, wouldn't you. However, around the ankle, an opponent is more likely to feel a boot before that thing connects with them in any way. Possibly more chance of injury to the wearer than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Had he not signed then spent 6 months in HMP?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So no one knows what happened to Tomlin then?
    So any news on this ?
    Searched social media and news but nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Wokingbluebird View Post
    So any news on this ?
    Searched social media and news but nothing
    No, I couldn't find anything either. You would have thought that there'd be something even if it were only a case of there being another adjournment.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, I couldn't find anything either. You would have thought that there'd be something even if it were only a case of there being another adjournment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    Had he not signed then spent 6 months in HMP?

Ya, Charlie went down after he joined us.

He got done for a fight in a chip shop, defending his mate who was getting racially abused.

As I was with the Supporters Club at the time, I wrote to Charlie in jail. fair do's to the fella, he never ever forgot that and always looked after me & my family, in his time here.

Still got is letter of reply somewhere.