+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlin in court tomorrow

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tomlin in court tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Gary Croft played for us wearing one I think.

You're right, he did. I think he was already wearing it before joining our club.

Expecting a fine a suspended sentence and community work. No tag

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You're right, he did. I think he was already wearing it before joining our club.
    I've zero knowledge of tags, but wouldn't it be dangerous playing football with one - someone could get injured?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I've zero knowledge of tags, but wouldn't it be dangerous playing football with one - someone could get injured?
    I think cause he was the first (Croft) they (football league) looked into it and deemed it safe. They ain't very big. No bigger n them old shin pads with the ankle bits on them. The ones that Gary crisps used to sponsor . Cant recall the name of the boots he used to wear. Quazar or summit.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I think cause he was the first (Croft) they (football league) looked into it and deemed it safe. They ain't very big. No bigger n them old shin pads with the ankle bits on them. The ones that Gary crisps used to sponsor . Cant recall the name of the boots he used to wear. Quazar or summit.

I remember a few years ago drinking in the Carpenter's Arms, Rumney hill. It was Summer time and there was a guy stood at the bar wearing shorts and a clearly visible tag. It was like a badge of honour to him. I'd be ashamed to walk around my neighbourhood with that showing.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    You'd have thought so, wouldn't you. However, around the ankle, an opponent is more likely to feel a boot before that thing connects with them in any way. Possibly more chance of injury to the wearer than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    He was I think he was the first UK player to do so , gosh it fills me with pride, we have always been in the forefront of social
    misbehavior almost pioneers ,no wonder Phill Mulryne sought god after leaving us