+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Welsh egg

Re: Welsh egg

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Ive said there a huge number of idiots that go to get hammered. Not that there is much wrong in planning on drinking alot

But they're generalising like:

"see the reaction of some of the egging fans blaming everyone else for their behavior bar them self's what a joke ****ing piss heads."

nearly everyone drinks yes but an extreme minority are the ones that are violent / anti social

This is a waste of time talk though, it happens all the time on here.

Cardiff reputation is set in stone around the UK as being complete scum. Because people generalise about a fan base based on a minority.
    I dont know why youre biting. Is the same tw@t who starts these threads under different guises.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    I dont know why youre biting. Is the same tw@t who starts these threads under different guises.
    I don't know why as well. I always end up arguing when this is talked about

Till next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Exactly. The moral high ground taken by some on here is risible. Funnily enough I don’t hear rugby fans making obscene football chants that I regularly here at football games. Both sets of supporters have good and bad, drunk and sober,thuggish and well behaved.
    I think it comes from the fact that, and I'm big enough to admit it, football fans have a chip on their shoulder. We've been told we're hooligans, thugs, banned from playing in schools, and treated like aliens when we say we prefer football to rugby. After years of the establishment ramming rugby down our throat, it was nice that football was top dog last summer.

Frankly, rugby in Wales in an absolute mess. The regions haven't worked, they never get big crowds and a lot of fans don't know the players or who's next in line for Wales. For many, a Wales home game is an excuse to get pissed. Wales were on the 5m line in 2006, right in front of me, playing Australia, and the lads in front of me went to get a pint. The game ended as a draw, and when we scored I looked up to see there were hundreds of people going up and down with their beers.

Anyway, the game of rugby is great, I really enjoy it. Wales are a competitive nation (should be better) and there needs to be a drastic shake up of the game at home. The club sides will probably die out unless they get significant levels of support from the WRU as they can't compete with the crowds and spending of Ireland, England and France.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Why can't everyone just accept that there are both good and bad amongst both football supporters and rugby supporters and that supporting these two sports does not have to be mutually exclusive.
    Oh that's a very valid point Nick. I think many of the negative comments about rugby supporters (at internationals anyway) is borne out of genuine frustration that their bad behaviour generally gets overlooked by the media, but if a city fan so much as looks at someone the wrong way it guarantees a headline.

Genuinely I have seen behaviour at rugby internationals that just wouldn't be tolerated anywhere near a football ground.

I freely admit that I hate the cowboy hats, the leeks, the daffodil hats, the barbour wearing drunks with their hipflasks breathing stale whisky over everyone, the ticket touts, the del boys selling their tat on queen street. I hate the fact that the team that finishes a game is unrecognisible from the team that started the game, the rule changes, the style of play these days, the corporate hospitality and the whole "look at me" event that it's become. THAT'S what I dislike about today's rugby. The rugby I used to like, was the rugby for working men, played by working men for whom a Saturday afternoon was a break from the mines and the factories.

Kudos to you for supporting your local club, but that's a world away from the "event" that we see at the prinicpality.

We're straying off the point of the OP here though (I take my share of the blame for that) which is the, imho, idiotic decision to weaken the national team by denying the best players a cap if they dare to ply their trade in Bath for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think it comes from the fact that, and I'm big enough to admit it, football fans have a chip on their shoulder. We've been told we're hooligans, thugs, banned from playing in schools, and treated like aliens when we say we prefer football to rugby. After years of the establishment ramming rugby down our throat, it was nice that football was top dog last summer.

Frankly, rugby in Wales in an absolute mess. The regions haven't worked, they never get big crowds and a lot of fans don't know the players or who's next in line for Wales. For many, a Wales home game is an excuse to get pissed. Wales were on the 5m line in 2006, right in front of me, playing Australia, and the lads in front of me went to get a pint. The game ended as a draw, and when we scored I looked up to see there were hundreds of people going up and down with their beers.

Anyway, the game of rugby is great, I really enjoy it. Wales are a competitive nation (should be better) and there needs to be a drastic shake up of the game at home. The club sides will probably die out unless they get significant levels of support from the WRU as they can't compete with the crowds and spending of Ireland, England and France.
    Good post.

Rugby, as with football and a myriad of other overhyped meaningless nonsense which so many people mistakenly believe is important, is another weapon of mass distraction. In Wales following the national team's fortunes is seen as patriotic amongst the most dumbed-down - the great majority of whom would sooner attempt to p!ss in their own mouth than learn their own language. That's the top and bottom of it; brutally frank but nevertheless accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Rugby, as with football and a myriad of other overhyped meaningless nonsense which so many people mistakenly believe is important, is another weapon of mass distraction. In Wales following the national team's fortunes is seen as patriotic amongst the most dumbed-down - the great majority of whom would sooner attempt to p!ss in their own mouth than learn their own language. That's the top and bottom of it; brutally frank but nevertheless accurate.
    If you were any further up your own backside, a cave & mountain rescue team would be required to try and find you and get you out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If you were any further up your own backside, a cave & mountain rescue team would be required to try and find you and get you out of there.
    Brutally frank but nevertheless accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Exactly. The moral high ground taken by some on here is risible. Funnily enough I don’t hear rugby fans making obscene football chants that I regularly here at football games. Both sets of supporters have good and bad, drunk and sober,thuggish and well behaved.
    'I'd rather wear a turban than a rose'.... 'You can stick your f*cking chariots up your arse', aren't these part of the rugby repertoire?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Learning the welsh language is as meaningless as watching sport in the long run.

It'll eventually die as will every language.

People like sport so they watch it. In the brief time we are alive it is human nature to do what you enjoy.

I wish I knew welsh but I can't see me going out of my way to learn it now.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    "Throwing bricks are away coaches".

When did that happen!.
    Welsh egg v Foreigners England egg on a Friday night. Windows smashed but of course low key by the Welsh egg led media

don't people p*ss at the Wendyball??

"just because we beat up kids it don't make us thugs!" - soul crew 2007

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    This is bullshit of the first order. I have been to the Mill three times in the last two years for 6 nations games.

You are constantly having to get up to let drunken louts and slags pass you so they can buy booze and or piss.

Judging by the comments of people sitting nearby the vast majority know ferk all about the rules of the game or
    are not very concerned about the game. Only getting even more bladdered.

By contrast the Wales football fans at Euro 2016 knew how to behave and were given an award by EUFA.

As I said above Rotten Egg.