+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh egg

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Welsh egg

I not into egg chasing but I was listening to this on BBc Wales. Surely it's a case of 'restriction of trade' under the law. If you're good enough to throw an egg to next man, then go and lie on top of said man whilst other men run over to lie on top of you and this is how you earn your living, but then u can earn a bit more by letting foreign men lie on top of you abroad (EU) but you are still good enough to let Welsh men lie on top of you if u was still in Wales n the Welsh team but you cant cause you crossed over to France under Eu law to take ur Labour where u want but not this fussy Welsh law. Can they stop u earning money by not letting people lie on u in a Welsh jersey when u defo would have been picked if u never went away to let other men lie on u?

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I not into egg chasing but I was listening to this on BBc Wales. Surely it's a case of 'restriction of trade' under the law. If you're good enough to throw an egg to next man, then go and lie on top of said man whilst other men run over to lie on top of you and this is how you earn your living, but then u can earn a bit more by letting foreign men lie on top of you abroad (EU) but you are still good enough to let Welsh men lie on top of you if u was still in Wales n the Welsh team but you cant cause you crossed over to France under Eu law to take ur Labour where u want but not this fussy Welsh law. Can they stop u earning money by not letting people lie on u in a Welsh jersey when u defo would have been picked if u never went away to let other men lie on u?

Probably the best description of rugby you'll ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    The Welsh national team is an invitational side and thus there is no restraint of trade. The WRU would just say that Webb isn't good enough to be included and they rate the players playing locally to be better, Webb would have to prove in a court of law he was the best scrum half Wales have which of course would be farcical.

His excuse is that he had no idea of the impending changes to our selection policy which must be bollocks. They have called Webbs bluff by saying he could rip his contract up with Toulon which I highly doubt he will do to play for pittance in front of a few thousand hardy souls shuttling around in the Liberty on a Friday night. I hope he calls the WRUs bluff and tells them to go **** themselves and wait until they come grovelling back when Gareth Davies inevitably picks up an injury, we do not have the strength in depth to not pick players. Our players should be able to play where they like, there is simply not the money nor the appetite in Wales from the public for club rugby anymore.

The real fall out from this rule will begin in a few seasons time when the lads playing abroads contracts comes up. After that date they will not be able to play for Wales unless they come back and play within Wales for an inferior wage, an inferior quality of rugby and inferior lifestyle (who wants to live in Llanelli when you can live in the South of France). The likes of Moriarty and Francis have never played within Wales and making them move here is unfair in my opinion. The 1948 prediction is that this new law will fall on its arse when the players agree within their whatsapp groups to leave on mass and call the WRUs bluff. Player power will prevail.