+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh egg

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Welsh egg

It's an attempt to save the top level club game which is dying a slow death.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    It's an attempt to save the top level club game which is dying a slow death.
    Stupid regional teams killed off Welsh club rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Stupid regional teams killed off Welsh club rugby.
    Is the correct answer. Utter stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm no expert, but regional rugger seems yo do rather well in the likes of New Zealand and Ireland. Perhaps we're just too parochial in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Rewind twenty years and both our club sides and national team were in a mess. At least our national team has been competitive in recent times. Having said that the regions are a mess and many supporters particularly in the valleys have been disinfranchised.

It was always going to be difficult for Welsh rugby when the game went pro. The upside was that our players no longer had to turn to rugby League to make their money. The downside was that we were never going to compete with the English and French club sides who could lure our best players with huge financial packages.

There are no obvious answers and I do fear the national team is in decline and we could be about to begin a depressing period for the game in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Rewind twenty years and both our club sides and national team were in a mess. At least our national team has been competitive in recent times. Having said that the regions are a mess and many supporters particularly in the valleys have been disinfranchised.

It was always going to be difficult for Welsh rugby when the game went pro. The upside was that our players no longer had to turn to rugby League to make their money. The downside was that we were never going to compete with the English and French club sides who could lure our best players with huge financial packages.

There are no obvious answers and I do fear the national team is in decline and we could be about to begin a depressing period for the game in Wales.
    Couple of "sovs" on GEORGIA it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Couple of "sovs" on GEORGIA it is then.
    Haha. I don’t think we are at that level just yet but you never know.