Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
I think it comes from the fact that, and I'm big enough to admit it, football fans have a chip on their shoulder. We've been told we're hooligans, thugs, banned from playing in schools, and treated like aliens when we say we prefer football to rugby. After years of the establishment ramming rugby down our throat, it was nice that football was top dog last summer.

Frankly, rugby in Wales in an absolute mess. The regions haven't worked, they never get big crowds and a lot of fans don't know the players or who's next in line for Wales. For many, a Wales home game is an excuse to get pissed. Wales were on the 5m line in 2006, right in front of me, playing Australia, and the lads in front of me went to get a pint. The game ended as a draw, and when we scored I looked up to see there were hundreds of people going up and down with their beers.

Anyway, the game of rugby is great, I really enjoy it. Wales are a competitive nation (should be better) and there needs to be a drastic shake up of the game at home. The club sides will probably die out unless they get significant levels of support from the WRU as they can't compete with the crowds and spending of Ireland, England and France.
This.