+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welsh egg

Welsh egg

Stopping players from playing outside of Wales. How archaic, 'you can't play for Wales if u go over the bridge to play' Stupidity, but that is the dying Welsh 'day out' Egg.

Re: Welsh egg

It's an attempt to save the top level club game which is dying a slow death.

Diolch yn fawr iawn Bazza

t'in croeso butty.

When welsh football sells 50, 60, 70k for glorified friendlies then you can speak of welsh rugby dying.

70k+ v Japan

And If I've seen an example of someone being banned then returning, it being obvious from their same crap posts, I think this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    When welsh football sells 50, 60, 70k for glorified friendlies then you can speak of welsh rugby dying.

70k+ v Japan
    Just dopey people out for a piss up on cheap tickets.

Rotten Egg sums up Welsh Rugby perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    It's an attempt to save the top level club game which is dying a slow death.
    Stupid regional teams killed off Welsh club rugby.

I realise there is bad feeling toward the egg (it's amazing that some egg chasers still don't want Welsh football to succeed) but criticism should be as informed as possible. While there is a downside for the players to be blocked from leaving wales, for the players at least, Wales needs it's squad to have time together before each international and the Welsh rugby team is far more likely to see more of this is it's players are still in Wales. You only have to see how halfpenny's relationship with his club side soured with his dedication to the lions and Wales. Clubs are also benefitting when their biggest players stay in Wales. The only downside is the player's pockets and, potentially, player development.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I realise there is bad feeling toward the egg (it's amazing that some egg chasers still don't want Welsh football to succeed) but criticism should be as informed as possible. While there is a downside for the players to be blocked from leaving wales, for the players at least, Wales needs it's squad to have time together before each international and the Welsh rugby team is far more likely to see more of this is it's players are still in Wales. You only have to see how halfpenny's relationship with his club side soured with his dedication to the lions and Wales. Clubs are also benefitting when their biggest players stay in Wales. The only downside is the player's pockets and, potentially, player development.
    The only thing that will work is rivalling the money, vicious cycle - no money, no players, no success and round we go in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Stupid regional teams killed off Welsh club rugby.
    Is the correct answer. Utter stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Just dopey people out for a piss up on cheap tickets.

Rotten Egg sums up Welsh Rugby perfectly.
    Wales football were selling 15k with £20 tickets 3 years ago.

I have a ticket stub in my room from 2008 that is £20 for a qualifier.

They havent raised prices 9 years for a reason

Cardiff wouldnt be half the city without investment due to the guaranteed large attendances of rugby. They can't rely on football fans as we've a history of being huge glory hunters that wont turn up to games.

Actually I'll just avoid rugby threads in the future this happens every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Is the correct answer. Utter stupidity.
    I'm no expert, but regional rugger seems yo do rather well in the likes of New Zealand and Ireland. Perhaps we're just too parochial in this country.

And If I've seen an example of someone being banned then returning, it being obvious from their same crap posts, I think this is it.
    I'm afraid you are wrong sorry

I not into egg chasing but I was listening to this on BBc Wales. Surely it's a case of 'restriction of trade' under the law. If you're good enough to throw an egg to next man, then go and lie on top of said man whilst other men run over to lie on top of you and this is how you earn your living, but then u can earn a bit more by letting foreign men lie on top of you abroad (EU) but you are still good enough to let Welsh men lie on top of you if u was still in Wales n the Welsh team but you cant cause you crossed over to France under Eu law to take ur Labour where u want but not this fussy Welsh law. Can they stop u earning money by not letting people lie on u in a Welsh jersey when u defo would have been picked if u never went away to let other men lie on u?

70k+ v Japan
    And how many of them regularly watch their local team? Cardiff Blues average 7,000 a game, City averaged 16,000 in season 15/16 when we were shit. Newport Gwent Dragons average 5,000 whilst County average about 3,000.

On that basis, how on earth can they compete financially for players with the big French and English clubs?

Welsh Rugby Internationals are more of a social event than a sporting one these days. Sure, like every sport, there are some hardcore supporters but most of them seem to be hellbent on getting totally shitfaced, showing off their sparkly cowboy hats and with a bit of luck gurning on the big screen.

Imagine telling Chris Coleman that he can only pick players who currently play in Wales? Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    And how many of them regularly watch their local team? Cardiff Blues average 7,000 a game, City averaged 16,000 in season 15/16 when we were shit. Newport Gwent Dragons average 5,000 whilst County average about 3,000.

On that basis, how on earth can they compete financially for players with the big French and English clubs?

Welsh Rugby Internationals are more of a social event than a sporting one these days. Sure, like every sport, there are some hardcore supporters but most of them seem to be hellbent on getting totally shitfaced, showing off their sparkly cowboy hats and with a bit of luck gurning on the big screen.

Imagine telling Chris Coleman that he can only pick players who currently play in Wales? Ridiculous.
    I am not denying their are a huge number of glory hunters with the rugby. & cardiff on rugby day is like new years eve, I imagine not everyones cup of tea. But that isn't what people on here say. They say everyone in the ground is a idiot drunk. As if cardiff city or wales football don't have those!.

When in truth tickets are first given to local rugby clubs for sale. Then debenture tickets holders. Then people with WRU memberships. Then to general sale.

I get debenture tickets sometimes and people near me tend to be 50 +, knowing loads about the game. In the lower tiers you'll see people there simply to get hammered but not elsewhere.

How much outcry was there over city's colour change?.....Have you seen the chopping and changing of the regions in welsh rugby?. Gutting clubs of their history. Not only that but the league was meaningless for years. Now they've changed that with the no guarantee of European places.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I not into egg chasing but I was listening to this on BBc Wales. Surely it's a case of 'restriction of trade' under the law. If you're good enough to throw an egg to next man, then go and lie on top of said man whilst other men run over to lie on top of you and this is how you earn your living, but then u can earn a bit more by letting foreign men lie on top of you abroad (EU) but you are still good enough to let Welsh men lie on top of you if u was still in Wales n the Welsh team but you cant cause you crossed over to France under Eu law to take ur Labour where u want but not this fussy Welsh law. Can they stop u earning money by not letting people lie on u in a Welsh jersey when u defo would have been picked if u never went away to let other men lie on u?

Probably the best description of rugby you'll ever see.

70k+ v Japan
    But the poster was on about club and regional rugby which is struggling badly.It is a desperate attempt to keep the best welsh players playing in wales.But the money english and french clubs offer can't be matched by wales even with the revenue from internationals.

If rugby is so popular in Wales how come nobody sponsors the regions with any significant money?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    The WRU need to step up and assist all international squad players with extra money to their club contract.
    This is the only way that we can hope to retain Welsh players in Wales.
    Like football, it is a short career so moving to double your salary is something we would all do.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    If rugby is so popular in Wales how come nobody sponsors the regions with any significant money?
    No one says the club game is popular do they?.

The main thing is there is a big european tournament in rugby international every single year. That is why people tend to care more about it.

You cant compare football/rugby fans really the circumstances are different.

With football how long will it be till we see big games again?. Rugby have them every autumn and February/March.

No one says the club game is popular do they?.
    Isn’t that kind of the point though.

All we ever hear is how wales is a rugby nation and we all love it.

Yet the reality is that If that was true then how come club rugby attracts two men and a dog?

As someone posted earlier, rugby is all about the day out on the piss.

Probably explains why there’s no rugby in the Arab countries.

No alcohol = no point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Isn’t that kind of the point though.

All we ever hear is how wales is a rugby nation and we all love it.

Yet the reality is that If that was true then how come club rugby attracts two men and a dog?

As someone posted earlier, rugby is all about the day out on the piss.

Probably explains why there’s no rugby in the Arab countries.

No alcohol = no point.

THIS