+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BENNETT YOURE A W*NKER

BENNETT YOURE A W*NKER

Was a fine afternoon that. As I recall that tool got sent off in front of the Bob playing for Wrexham and remonstrated with the ref, a good old walk off the pitch. Serenaded all the way by said chant. Gary Bennett truly a W*nker

Re: BENNETT YOURE A W*NKER

I was in the Canton for that one. He got dogs abuse. Tried to laugh it off with the crowd and got pelted with verbals and coins. Crowd defo got him sent off that day.

It was quite a big rivalry at the time City v Wrexham.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I was in the Canton for that one. He got dogs abuse. Tried to laugh it off with the crowd and got pelted with verbals and coins. Crowd defo got him sent off that day.

It was quite a big rivalry at the time City v Wrexham.
    It was the cheek and his stupid face what done it. Ninian was up and baying at the time. He was a good player for them. Big rivals at the time like you say. What a gift. What a result. Truly a w*nker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I was in the Bob Bank, didnt he take an age to get off the pitch as well ?

If memory serves me correct - was that the same time we had Nicky Richardson playing for us
    Yes would have been around then. If memory serves it was the season after we both got promoted from the dungeon.

Had some good battles with them, usually with us coming out on top.

The grange end celebration for Carl Dales goal against them in the Welsh Cup semi final truly is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I was in the Bob Bank, didnt he take an age to get off the pitch as well ?

If memory serves me correct - was that the same time we had Nicky Richardson playing for us
    It's why it lives so long in the memory cause the clart hung around so long after his card. The whole ground (including my gramp) telling him what he is. Lols. Just came back to me. Class.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    It was the cheek and his stupid face what done it. Ninian was up and baying at the time. He was a good player for them. Big rivals at the time like you say. What a gift. What a result. Truly a w*nker.
    He thought it was banter til he got struck with about 40 quids worth of bronze and silver

Yes would have been around then. If memory serves it was the season after we both got promoted from the dungeon.

The grange end celebration for Carl Dales goal against them in the Welsh Cup semi final truly is something else.
    They were a good side Flynn at the helm and Bennett was a top scorer and a W*nker.

Was a fine afternoon that. As I recall that tool got sent off in front of the Bob playing for Wrexham and remonstrated with the ref, a good old walk off the pitch. Serenaded all the way by said chant. Gary Bennett truly a W*nker
    He was a wanker but in fairness when they beat us at the Arms Park in the Welsh cup he celebrated with the Wrexham fans then he come over and clapped the Cardiff fans but the majority went nuts on him

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    He was a wanker but in fairness when they beat us at the Arms Park in the Welsh cup he celebrated with the Wrexham fans then he come over and clapped the Cardiff fans but the majority went nuts on him
    A W*nker see. If he played for us he would have been a hero mind.

And then nuts on the Wrexham fans outside

As Danny Dyer would say it was Pwoper naughty after the game. And before the game if memory serves.

Wrexham got chased from Down Town (Now O Neills) up to the old Toys R Us and got themselves trapped and caged into some building works on the Hayes.

A W*nker see. If he played for us he would have been a hero mind.
    Defo. I think it was Ian Wright once said you don’t booed by the opposition fans if you’re shit.

I’d say that applies 99% of the time. The other 1% reserves for the likes of Alan Tate and El Hadj Diouf.

Defo. I think it was Ian Wright once said you don’t booed by the opposition fans if you’re shit.

I’d say that applies 99% of the time. The other 1% reserves for the likes of Alan Tate and El Hadj Diouf.
    Can agree with this. The majority of players I have put on my W*nker list, I would be the first to defend Flying under a Blue Sky. The 2 you mention tho still W*nkers.

Darren adams (was it?) scored an absolute worldly in that game too - first time volley on the turn from 25 yards, into the top corner.

Might even have been his debut - Don't think I saw him do anything near that again.

As Danny Dyer would say it was Pwoper naughty after the game. And before the game if memory serves.

Wrexham got chased from Down Town (Now O Neills) up to the old Toys R Us and got themselves trapped and caged into some building works on the Hayes.
    I remember city fans throwing punches through the builders fences with Wrexham all huddled up . Also remember a city fan running down westgate street and jumping straight through a boots or chemist shops window opposite down town and just got up climbed out and ran off

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Darren adams (was it?) scored an absolute worldly in that game too - first time volley on the turn from 25 yards, into the top corner.

Might even have been his debut - Don't think I saw him do anything near that again.
    Salutes Sir/

I remember city fans throwing punches through the builders fences with Wrexham all huddled up . Also remember a city fan running down westgate street and jumping straight through a boots or chemist shops window opposite down town and just got up climbed out and ran off
    His script weren't ready

must have been 93 ? ? ? ?

good times

Bennett scored 23 times in 1986–87 but his season was overshadowed by his tackle in an FA Cup tie against Sheffield Wednesday that left opponent Ian Knight with his leg broken in 7 places.[4][5]

Taken from his wiki page. Don't know how to quote it. W8nker

Bennett scored 23 times in 1986–87 but his season was overshadowed by his tackle in an FA Cup tie against Sheffield Wednesday that left opponent Ian Knight with his leg broken in 7 places.[4][5]

Taken from his wiki page. Don't know how to quote it. W8nker
    Same shit he tried to pull on Pezza that afternoon was it? Someone can tell me in the morning when the old guys wake up and log on.

After was Lively, didnt they try and take the Owain at one point that night

I remember the year before we played them in the semi's of the welsh cup, home and away, we had beaten them in a league a few days before on the Saturday then had to go back up midweek, I foolishly ( with a few mates, some not so city fans ) got the train, Saturday the train was packed, midweek, no-one on our train, couldnt find a pub that would let us is, despite us putting on the best scouse accents we could, pretty sure we won that game aswell, made our way to the station expecting to see a few city, nothing, just very angry wrexham lads , a announcement came over the tannoy, would any fans travelling to cardiff please step forward as British rail will hold the connecting train at Shrewsbury
    we stood back and one of the guys ( first city game ) stepped forward and waved at the guard and shouted " Cardiff here ", a few angry men headed towards him, the train pulled up and we jumped on with a carriage to ourselves courtesy of British transport police

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    After was Lively, didnt they try and take the Owain at one point that night

I remember the year before we played them in the semi's of the welsh cup, home and away, we had beaten them in a league a few days before on the Saturday then had to go back up midweek, I foolishly ( with a few mates, some not so city fans ) got the train, Saturday the train was packed, midweek, no-one on our train, couldnt find a pub that would let us is, despite us putting on the best scouse accents we could, pretty sure we won that game aswell, made our way to the station expecting to see a few city, nothing, just very angry wrexham lads , a announcement came over the tannoy, would any fans travelling to cardiff please step forward as British rail will hold the connecting train at Shrewsbury
    we stood back and one of the guys ( first city game ) stepped forward and waved at the guard and shouted " Cardiff here ", a few angry men headed towards him, the train pulled up and we jumped on with a carriage to ourselves courtesy of British transport police
    Always liked Wrexham. Some proper lads and a good club standing against the tide of Manc n Scouse sh*te what for they have to put up with.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    must have been 93 ? ? ? ?

good times
    95 was the Wrexham final. Last time we entered the Welsh Cup cos the FAW barred the route to Europe for teams playing in the EFL. 93 we beat Rhyl (and won promotion), 94 we were playing four games a week and lost to Barry Town (still should've won though) and by 95 the turnaround was complete and we were on our way back down. I don't remember any trouble though; I just went home.

I think the Bennett sending off was for an elbow?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    95 was the Wrexham final. Last time we entered the Welsh Cup cos the FAW barred the route to Europe for teams playing in the EFL. 93 we beat Rhyl (and won promotion), 94 we were playing four games a week and lost to Barry Town (still should've won though) and by 95 the turnaround was complete and we were on our way back down. I don't remember any trouble though; I just went home.

I think the Bennett sending off was for an elbow?
    Against Jason Perry? It was 91 I think. pasted em 4 or 5-0. Bennett is a W*nker

Wrexham were in the old great western at the start of the day , I was with some mates in the golden cross and we saw them gathering , they then left and walked towards Caroline Street where they apparently got leathered by the docks boys

Post match it was carnage with the police outside the western mail and echo offices then outside the prince of Wales and then the lower end f at Mary Street , I was just eating chips and this sexy blonde in a city shirt came up to me and asked me for a chip and we got talking whilst police vans and dog handlers were clearing the city fans away , got a date out of it , she was a smart lass from fairwater, saw her for a few months but she left for university

I have always liked Wrexham but they got battered that day , I felt sorry for them

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Wrexham were in the old great western at the start of the day , I was with some mates in the golden cross and we saw them gathering , they then left and walked towards Caroline Street where they apparently got leathered by the docks boys

Post match it was carnage with the police outside the western mail and echo offices then outside the prince of Wales and then the lower end f at Mary Street , I was just eating chips and this sexy blonde in a city shirt came up to me and asked me for a chip and we got talking whilst police vans and dog handlers were clearing the city fans away , got a date out of it , she was a smart lass from fairwater, saw her for a few months but she left for university

I have always liked Wrexham but they got battered that day , I felt sorry for them
    They can handle it Sludge mate. Never bitch when on Wales duty. Good lads. over and out mate. Nos da.