+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BENNETT YOURE A W*NKER

Re: BENNETT YOURE A W*NKER

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Against Jason Perry? It was 91 I think. pasted em 4 or 5-0. Bennett is a W*nker
    Feb 5th 1994 to be exact mate.

5-1 according to the record books.

Didn’t he score then get sent off?

Wasn’t Hunter their centre half sent off for a sything tackle on the half way line?

I think also that the crowd was bigger than normal because the ticket stubs could used to buy FA cup tickets,I may be wrong though.

Of course they weren’t the famous Hull stubs though

Wonder how many City fans would have called him a wanker and threw coins at him if they were face to face with him on their own?
    An ale fuelled crowd of 20% hard men and 80% hangers on has always been a safe haven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    95 was the Wrexham final. Last time we entered the Welsh Cup cos the FAW barred the route to Europe for teams playing in the EFL. 93 we beat Rhyl (and won promotion), 94 we were playing four games a week and lost to Barry Town (still should've won though) and by 95 the turnaround was complete and we were on our way back down. I don't remember any trouble though; I just went home.

I think the Bennett sending off was for an elbow?
    yea, 93 was the 2 semi games and we played them to get close to the end of the season, we both went up that year, i even mentioned it in my post on here, it was late last night LOL

Always liked Wrexham. Some proper lads and a good club standing against the tide of Manc n Scouse sh*te what for they have to put up with.
    Agreed

always showed for Wales back then, when it used to be tough to follow Wales

Bumped into a few in a pub in Cheltenham ( where i was dating a girl i met on holidays ), one spotted my bluebird pin badge, had a good night out with them, no grudges

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Was it the game where you could buy your Luton FA cup tickets at the same time, so a much bigger than normal crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Wonder how many City fans would have called him a wanker and threw coins at him if they were face to face with him on their own?
    An ale fuelled crowd of 20% hard men and 80% hangers on has always been a safe haven.
    I suppose you consider yourself in the 20% hard men do you tough guy?

I just remember the w*nker bit more than anything. It was a sunny day as well I think. Got a terrible memory. I will never forget his walk of shame though. It was something truly special. Just Lols for all who were there. Even my mild mannered Gramp joined in on the sly. N he believed in fair play to all. Him getting sent off was just a fabulous thing for so many reasons. He was a good player n he played the game all action but always left a bit in the tackle is how I got him in my book. Admittedly hazy book that mind.

There is always one nob Henry Hill its you today, bitching others for having a laugh.

I was in the Canton for that one. He got dogs abuse. Tried to laugh it off with the crowd and got pelted with verbals and coins. Crowd defo got him sent off that day.

It was quite a big rivalry at the time City v Wrexham.
    Remember him getting injured, going off the pitch then throwing a tantrum because the ref wouldn't let him on. The reason, he had been subbed.

Also remember him moaning at a linesman for being called offside - my dad shouted "you were onside Bennett, but your teeth were two yards off".

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Remember him getting injured, going off the pitch then throwing a tantrum because the ref wouldn't let him on. The reason, he had been subbed.

Also remember him moaning at a linesman for being called offside - my dad shouted "you were onside Bennett, but your teeth were two yards off".
    Your Dads line

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Darren adams (was it?) scored an absolute worldly in that game too - first time volley on the turn from 25 yards, into the top corner.

Might even have been his debut - Don't think I saw him do anything near that again.
    I was talking about this goal with s mate last week. It was the game where you had to show up to get a ticket for the Luton/Newcastle cup tie. People climbed over the wall to get out having got their ticket.

They missed a cracker.

Adams took a step back with the ball in flight and volleyed it into the corner. That goal remains in my top 5.

Foul was on Baddely I thought?

Quote Originally Posted by nins27 View Post
    There is always one nob Henry Hill its you today, bitching others for having a laugh.
    Pipe down theres a good girl

you are right

but Wasnt it fun

Was a fine afternoon that. As I recall that tool got sent off in front of the Bob playing for Wrexham and remonstrated with the ref, a good old walk off the pitch. Serenaded all the way by said chant. Gary Bennett truly a W*nker
    didnt he have new teeth as well all white and shiny

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you are right

but Wasnt it fun
    Matt. I’ve followed the City since the late 70’s, so I’ve seen it all. It was a dangerous hobby in the 70’s and 80’s. It was period in football that was inevitable, and when it came to violence we were Premier league, but
    never liked to see coin throwing, and never agreed with battles outside grounds, city centres and boozers, scaring the shit out of innocent shoppers, drinkers and fans all over the country.
    If it had to happen then it should have been organised like the east Europeans. A meet at a deserted venue like the countryside or an old warehouse, and toe to toe with no innocent bystanders getting caught up.

Matt. I’ve followed the City since the late 70’s, so I’ve seen it all. It was a dangerous hobby in the 70’s and 80’s. It was period in football that was inevitable, and when it came to violence we were Premier league, but
    never liked to see coin throwing, and never agreed with battles outside grounds, city centres and boozers, scaring the shit out of innocent shoppers, drinkers and fans all over the country.
    If it had to happen then it should have been organised like the east Europeans. A meet at a deserted venue like the countryside or an old warehouse, and toe to toe with no innocent bystanders getting caught up.
    I joined the fray late 80's ( i had watched them with my dad in the early 80's ), funny enough me and 2 mates were walking through town heading to sign-up to the TA's ( after a crazy night on the beer LOL ) , we saw some " handbags " at the station and headed to Ninian park instead of the TA office, crazy really

I always joked it should be on the pitch at 1/2 time like the gladiator battles in roman times

first the home lot go on the pitch, if the away lot fancy it, then then head to the pitch and game on

No innocent bystanders caught up in it

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I joined the fray late 80's ( i had watched them with my dad in the early 80's ), funny enough me and 2 mates were walking through town heading to sign-up to the TA's ( after a crazy night on the beer LOL ) , we saw some " handbags " at the station and headed to Ninian park instead of the TA office, crazy really

I always joked it should be on the pitch at 1/2 time like the gladiator battles in roman times

first the home lot go on the pitch, if the away lot fancy it, then then head to the pitch and game on

No innocent bystanders caught up in it
    😂👍

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Foul was on Baddely I thought?
    You are more likely to be right than me. Shocking memory. I like this board because People remember the details. I told my grampi about it again yesterday and he chuckled. He thought I meant our Gary Bennett first.