+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BENNETT YOURE A W*NKER

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: BENNETT YOURE A W*NKER

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    must have been 93 ? ? ? ?

good times
    95 was the Wrexham final. Last time we entered the Welsh Cup cos the FAW barred the route to Europe for teams playing in the EFL. 93 we beat Rhyl (and won promotion), 94 we were playing four games a week and lost to Barry Town (still should've won though) and by 95 the turnaround was complete and we were on our way back down. I don't remember any trouble though; I just went home.

I think the Bennett sending off was for an elbow?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    95 was the Wrexham final. Last time we entered the Welsh Cup cos the FAW barred the route to Europe for teams playing in the EFL. 93 we beat Rhyl (and won promotion), 94 we were playing four games a week and lost to Barry Town (still should've won though) and by 95 the turnaround was complete and we were on our way back down. I don't remember any trouble though; I just went home.

Against Jason Perry? It was 91 I think. pasted em 4 or 5-0. Bennett is a W*nker

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Against Jason Perry? It was 91 I think. pasted em 4 or 5-0. Bennett is a W*nker
    Feb 5th 1994 to be exact mate.

5-1 according to the record books.

Didn’t he score then get sent off?

Wasn’t Hunter their centre half sent off for a sything tackle on the half way line?

I think also that the crowd was bigger than normal because the ticket stubs could used to buy FA cup tickets,I may be wrong though.

Of course they weren’t the famous Hull stubs though

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Was it the game where you could buy your Luton FA cup tickets at the same time, so a much bigger than normal crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

I just remember the w*nker bit more than anything. It was a sunny day as well I think. Got a terrible memory. I will never forget his walk of shame though. It was something truly special. Just Lols for all who were there. Even my mild mannered Gramp joined in on the sly. N he believed in fair play to all. Him getting sent off was just a fabulous thing for so many reasons. He was a good player n he played the game all action but always left a bit in the tackle is how I got him in my book. Admittedly hazy book that mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post

yea, 93 was the 2 semi games and we played them to get close to the end of the season, we both went up that year, i even mentioned it in my post on here, it was late last night LOL