+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Inflation up to 3%.

Inflation up to 3%.

Only a rise of 0.1% on last month, but the symbolic significance of it hitting 3% will, surely, be damaging for the Government at a time when they have plenty of problems anyway.

A question for those who know about these things. I eat a lot of blueberries these days and through the summer I could get a large carton (enough to last me for a week) for £3, but, in the last month, I still pay £3 for the biggest carton on sale, but it's now about half the size of what it was a month ago. I've looked in other supermarkets and the same thing has happened in them, so I think it must be a seasonal thing, but do the inflation figures cater for things like this - presumably they do, but I'm still paying the same as I used to for my weekly supply of blueberries, yet I'm only getting half as many as I was before.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41649498

Re: Inflation up to 3%.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Only a rise of 0.1% on last month, but the symbolic significance of it hitting 3% will, surely, be damaging for the Government at a time when they have plenty of problems anyway.

A question for those who know about these things. I eat a lot of blueberries these days and through the summer I could get a large carton (enough to last me for a week) for £3, but, in the last month, I still pay £3 for the biggest carton on sale, but it's now about half the size of what it was a month ago. I've looked in other supermarkets and the same thing has happened in them, so I think it must be a seasonal thing, but do the inflation figures cater for things like this - presumably they do, but I'm still paying the same as I used to for my weekly supply of blueberries, yet I'm only getting half as many as I was before.

I hope we have a snap election

Kick may and her Tories out now !!!

Inflation = state sponsored theft. That's not the end of it because they manipulate the real number downwards to further rob those on fixed incomes.

One of the consequences is the monster house price bubble. New figures reveal the typical home costs £11,000 more today than 12 months ago. The average price now stands at £226,000. It's not uncommon for people to take out mortgages of between 30 to 35 years nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I think that shrinkage thing applies to a lot of other products as well. Certainly to chocolate bars. I don't eat it but was listening to something on Radio 4. More or less it's called and is good for things like this. They said that bars are shrinking and also that you see more Non chocolate items like fudge/bits of whatever in the new range bars cause it's much cheaper for the makers. That more or less programme covers loads of subjects. Some a bit daft but entertaining a fair few are about money and the economy. I find it a good listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Inflation = state sponsored theft. That's not the end of it because they manipulate the real number downwards to further rob those on fixed incomes.

One of the consequences is the monster house price bubble. New figures reveal the typical home costs £11,000 more today than 12 months ago. The average price now stands at £226,000. It's not uncommon for people to take out mortgages of between 30 to 35 years nowadays.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41582755

Not quite.

Where is the best place to buy blueberries?

Article says: 'Meanwhile the latest official figures indicated that house prices across the UK rose by 5% in the year to August, taking the average price of a property to £226,000.'

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I think that shrinkage thing applies to a lot of other products as well. Certainly to chocolate bars. I don't eat it but was listening to something on Radio 4. More or less it's called and is good for things like this. They said that bars are shrinking and also that you see more Non chocolate items like fudge/bits of whatever in the new range bars cause it's much cheaper for the makers. That more or less programme covers loads of subjects. Some a bit daft but entertaining a fair few are about money and the economy. I find it a good listen.
    Yeah, it's called shrinkflation, paying the same or more for less. The great majority of Britons are becoming poorer year on year as wages are not keeping pace with inflation and working age benefits remain frozen. So many try to mitigate the effects by borrowing, just as the government does.

Yeah, it's called shrinkflation, paying the same or more for less. The great majority of Britons are becoming poorer year on year as wages are not keeping pace with inflation and working age benefits remain frozen. So many try to mitigate the effects by borrowing, just as the government does.
    Now is a good time to head to Asia. Britain has been in decline for many decades, and the Ponzi scheme is finally coming to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Where is the best place to buy blueberries?
    Aldi

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Now is a good time to head to Asia. Britain has been in decline for many decades, and the Ponzi scheme is finally coming to an end.
    What's coming? Will it be an inflationary collapse, deflationary collapse, or a huge military conflict that will later become known as World War 3? The Georgia Guidestones calls for a global population of 500 million. That's about a 93% reduction from today's level. The Yanks appear desperate to attack NK or Iran which would make the latter option fave.

Whomever reads this message, wherever they live in the world, your government will extract more of your wealth than any thief ever will, and they will do so legally.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Kin ell you cant win can you, for years inflation has been kept low as well as low interest rates etc - then people moaned about not getting a return on savings. So people put their money into buy to let and houses etc - which then artificially raised house prices. That triggered moaning about first time buyers not being able to get on the housing ladder as houses were being snapped up investors / Landlords.

The previous Governor of the Bank of England said he would have died for some inflation in economy and a drop in sterling. So for every positive in the economy there is a negative somewhere else - depending on your view point and your politics.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ng-brexit-vote

I wouldnt be worrying too much just yet. What we do need is for investors to go back into stocks and shares and away from buy to let - in my opinion.

ps - Bob - If blue berries are too expensive - you can always try a cheaper fruit and take your money elsewhere - the producer then has a choice - drop his price or find customers elsewhere.
    Surely any Government that oversees a situation whereby inflation is consistently a point or two above wage growth is headed for serious problems, no matter how much they try to cling on to "good" news about things like the low value of the pound and how there are so many jobs around?

For someone who says he isn't a Tory, it always amuses me how desperate you seem to be to defend them - would you be doing the same if Corbyn were Prime Minister and we had the same inflation, wage growth and economic growth figures as now?

It could be worse, we could be America!

What's coming? Will it be an inflationary collapse, deflationary collapse, or a huge military conflict that will later become known as World War 3? The Georgia Guidestones calls for a global population of 500 million. That's about a 93% reduction from today's level. Trump appears desperate to attack NK or Iran which would make the latter option fave.
    Just put that right for you.