+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vietnam war on BBC four was superb tonight , Nixon you lying scum bag

Vietnam war on BBC four was superb tonight , Nixon you lying scum bag

Fantastic series

Re: Vietnam war on BBC four was superb tonight , Nixon you lying scum bag

Nixon was indeed a cont. I lose sleep over little things but I should imagine that tw*t slept like a baby every night.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Nixon was indeed a cont. I lose sleep over little things but I should imagine that tw*t slept like a baby every night.
    He certainly was , the ****

Last night was about him saying he was bringing the boys back home yet bombing the shit out of the country at the same time !

Also talked about the massacre of innocent villagers as seen in the film platoon , and it's cover up

Some very sad interviews with the American veterans who served there , no wonder so many still suffer mental health problems after what they went through

This is a gripping series for anyone who hasn't seen it , it's quite distressing to watch but shows up the Americans and their disgraceful foreign policy for what it was and continues to be

Will never forget the images of those poor bastards outside the American Embassy helpless whilst the Americans hovered over them in helicopters

Nixon wasn't all bad it appears...

It's worth seeking out the original US version. The BBC one has been cut down to hour long episodes, when the originals are nearly two hours. I've been watching them on PBS's website with a VPN. Absolutely incredible series, even better than Ken Burns' Civil War one.

Great television.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    It's worth seeking out the original US version. The BBC one has been cut down to hour long episodes, when the originals are nearly two hours. I've been watching them on PBS's website with a VPN. Absolutely incredible series, even better than Ken Burns' Civil War one.
    wow if its better than the civil war series thats very high praise

Cheers lads will check the us version out

And I thought the world at war was the best anti war series ever , this is incredible , shows imperialism and war hungry politicians at their worst

https://youtu.be/LQUXuQ6Zd9w

Politicians turn their heads away , they only started the war !

Why should they have to go out and fight ?

They leave that all to the poor

I remember doing a road trip in the States based on areas of interest connected with Native American history and culture (and being the only non-Native in the vast majority of the locations). After long days traipsing around in the deserts and rocks I discovered Burn's 'The West' being shown on PBS in the evenings as I unwound with a bottle of wine. Stunning series and the timing could not have been more perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He certainly was , the ****

Last night was about him saying he was bringing the boys back home yet bombing the shit out of the country at the same time !

Also talked about the massacre of innocent villagers as seen in the film platoon , and it's cover up

Some very sad interviews with the American veterans who served there , no wonder so many still suffer mental health problems after what they went through

This is a gripping series for anyone who hasn't seen it , it's quite distressing to watch but shows up the Americans and their disgraceful foreign policy for what it was and continues to be
    Amazing stuff, can't believe what Nixon did just before the election in regards to encouraging the South Vietnam government to boycott the talks just to help him get elected.

I hope he's being flayed in Hell the ****

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Amazing stuff, can't believe what Nixon did just before the election in regards to encouraging the South Vietnam government to boycott the talks just to help him get elected.

A war pig of the highest order

Mind you so was Blair , bush , Cameron

Mind you so was Blair , bush , Cameron
    And Thatcher,

From the Final Cut, my favourite floyd album

"Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert"

brezhnev took afghanistan
    begin took beirut
    galtieri took the union jack
    and maggie over lunch one day
    took a cruiser with all hands
    apparently to make him give it back

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    And Thatcher,

From the Final Cut, my favourite floyd album

"Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert"
    J
    brezhnev took afghanistan
    begin took beirut
    galtieri took the union jack
    and maggie over lunch one day
    took a cruiser with all hands
    apparently to make him give it back
    Thatcher was shocking full stop

After the Falklands war they built a memorial to the brits who had lost their lives in the conflict.

Private Eye had a cartoon of this with the words :

" They died to save her face " which for me was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post

I believe Nixon was always known as "Tricky Dickie" from the days before he stood for the Presidency against Kennedy in 1960 - this superb programme is really bringing home what a piece of work he was though. His reaction to the confirmation of what happened at My Lai was astonishing and yet, knowing the man, it wasn't really as he railed against the people who had brought it to the nation's attention, rather than it's perpetrators - he made some remark about it likely to have been "New York Jews" who were responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I believe Nixon was always known as "Tricky Dickie" from the days before he stood for the Presidency against Kennedy in 1960 - this superb programme is really bringing home what a piece of work he was though. His reaction to the confirmation of what happened at My Lai was astonishing and yet, knowing the man, it wasn't really as he railed against the people who had brought it to the nation's attention, rather than it's perpetrators - he made some remark about it likely to have been "New York Jews" who were responsible.
    Nixon was a racist war pig wanker

Nixon was a racist war pig wanker
    Not a fan then Sludge?

The whole thing is available on torrent sites. Check out the Pirate Bay.