+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vietnam war on BBC four was superb tonight , Nixon you lying scum bag

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vietnam war on BBC four was superb tonight , Nixon you lying scum bag

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He certainly was , the ****

Last night was about him saying he was bringing the boys back home yet bombing the shit out of the country at the same time !

Also talked about the massacre of innocent villagers as seen in the film platoon , and it's cover up

Some very sad interviews with the American veterans who served there , no wonder so many still suffer mental health problems after what they went through

This is a gripping series for anyone who hasn't seen it , it's quite distressing to watch but shows up the Americans and their disgraceful foreign policy for what it was and continues to be
    Amazing stuff, can't believe what Nixon did just before the election in regards to encouraging the South Vietnam government to boycott the talks just to help him get elected.

I hope he's being flayed in Hell the ****

Re: Vietnam war on BBC four was superb tonight , Nixon you lying scum bag

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Amazing stuff, can't believe what Nixon did just before the election in regards to encouraging the South Vietnam government to boycott the talks just to help him get elected.

I hope he's being flayed in Hell the ****
    I believe Nixon was always known as "Tricky Dickie" from the days before he stood for the Presidency against Kennedy in 1960 - this superb programme is really bringing home what a piece of work he was though. His reaction to the confirmation of what happened at My Lai was astonishing and yet, knowing the man, it wasn't really as he railed against the people who had brought it to the nation's attention, rather than it's perpetrators - he made some remark about it likely to have been "New York Jews" who were responsible.