+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Installed as favourite for the Leicester City job.

Re: Chris Coleman

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Installed as favourite for the Leicester City job.
    We know.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...=1#post4795918

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

They’re going to get a bloke called Garcia or Penn to keep the theme going

Hope Jack Coleman goes because if he stays as Wales boss ,I think he will put our country 4 year backwards

I think Coleman has been lucky to have the job in the Gareth Bale era.
    If he takes the Leicester job he will get found out.

I hope he does , I took Leicester for relegation @14/1 at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I think Coleman has been lucky to have the job in the Gareth Bale era.
    If he takes the Leicester job he will get found out.

I have always said this, most managers would have done well with the team he has, lets face it, Bale, Rambo and Joe allen are all playing really well, add to that a fair number of players who are really playing the game for Wales

Could Cookie have got is wrong ? ? ?

Losing to Ireland wasn't so bad for everybody.

I hope he stays as Wales manager myself , the players are clearly on his side and he's taken us from being whipping boys to a decent international side

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I have always said this, most managers would have done well with the team he has, lets face it, Bale, Rambo and Joe allen are all playing really well, add to that a fair number of players who are really playing the game for Wales

Regardless if he had good players, he did it. We've had good players before, and failed. Coleman didn't. There's a lot of re-writing of history going on at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Regardless if he had good players, he did it. We've had good players before, and failed. Coleman didn't. There's a lot of re-writing of history going on at the moment.
    That's my view

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Really not sure about this. Bale, obviously excellent. Ramsey is great on his day but Joe Allen? Important for us but hardly one of Europe's best. So being generous and that's two stand out players, we get to the semis and 'could he have got it wrong'?

If you're talking excellent players, then look at Belgium who we came across three times without defeat. Ramsey isn't a patch on de Bruyne.

I don't like Coleman but you can make a strong argument that he was the ONLY manager to get the squad together in the way he did at that time. Most managers could do it? No way.

Yep.

Look back at previous generations that never made it - players like Rush Hughes Giggs were world class players who never got to play in a major tournament.

Strange to think that after taking Wales to a semi final some people still think Coleman doesn’t deserve any credit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Yep.

Look back at previous generations that never made it - players like Rush Hughes Giggs were world class players who never got to play in a major tournament.

Strange to think that after taking Wales to a semi final some people still think Coleman doesn’t deserve any credit for it.
    Indeed. At his peak, Rush was arguably the best striker in the world. We also had (again arguably) the best keeper in the world in big Nev.

Certainly Rush was different class to Vokes and HRK
    Giggs was probably equal to Bale
    Hughes v Rambo?
    Southall v Hennessey? - no contest imho

Yorath also had Dean Saunders and Gary Speed

Yorath did better than most managers, with some great players, but still didn't manage to achieve what Coleman did. Should be knighted imho

Coleman has done a good job but is obviously now playing a waiting game before his contract ends in the summer. If he gets offered a Premiership/good Champion League Club abroad or perhaps a top Championship club he will go and quadruple his salary at least. If he doesn't get a suitable offer, he'll stay with Wales?
    Last edited by Ianto13; 19-10-17 at 13:45. Reason: Spelling mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Really not sure about this. Bale, obviously excellent. Ramsey is great on his day but Joe Allen? Important for us but hardly one of Europe's best. So being generous and that's two stand out players, we get to the semis and 'could he have got it wrong'?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Are you expecting him to move to a Champions League club from Stoke next summer? I'm not.

He played well in the Euros thanks to Coleman. That's my point.

Are you expecting him to move to a Champions League club from Stoke next summer? I'm not.

He played well in the Euros thanks to Coleman. That's my point.
    It's no coincidence that we are shite when Joe Allen doesn't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's no coincidence that we are shite when Joe Allen doesn't play.
    One could say he's "important for us".

One could say he's "important for us".
    Or pivotal

Blue in the Face

Chris Coleman has held informal talks with the Football Association of Wales about his future as Wales manager.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41688902

The 47-year-old, whose contract expires at the end of November, met FAW bosses on Thursday, although formal negotiations are yet to start.

Wales failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup this month.

In 2016, Coleman said the qualifying campaign would be his last in charge, but has since said he will consider his position before making a decision.

The FAW wants the former Fulham manager to sign a new contract, while some leading Wales players also urged Coleman to stay.

Coleman has been linked with the vacancy at Premier League side Leicester City, but there has been no formal approach from the Foxes.

After Wales missed out on the World Cup qualifying play-offs with a 1-0 defeat against the Republic of Ireland, Coleman said he would take time off before discussing his future formally with the FAW.

He signed his current seal shortly before Euro 2016, when Wales reached the semi-finals.

Had Wales qualified for the 2018 World Cup, that contract would automatically have been extended until the end of next summer's tournament in Russia.

Formal talks with the FAW may not take place until November, with Coleman remaining in charge for Wales' friendly against France in Paris on Friday, 10 November.

Coleman has failed miserably.
    We were the highest ranked team in our group, and came 3rd.
    The highest ranked European team not going to Russia.
    Bale, Ramsey, Davis and Allen, think what the other home nation managers could achieve with those in their squad!

My opinion too. Coleman has been a lucky, not a good manager. Iceland have consolidated thanks to a GOOD manager and lesser players than Wales. His time is up.

There are some good youngsters coming through, so I'd like a manager who has a plan about how to integrate them into the team. Is Coleman the one?