+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: work related...

work related...

hope some savvy in the know folks can help me out here...

few work related stress issue for you...

in april i tupe over to a new firm who has taken over the contract... (been there 3 years)

smelt a rat from the start and soon things have started to change, 1st holiday allocation, then holiday notification, we used to have to notify work a week in advance for a day off or a month for a week or more... now it 2 weeks notice for a day and 4 weeks for week or more...

those of us doing 5 hour shifts have lost break entitlement... even though theres a 70 year old bloke there and he been there 12 years, they have taken the 15 min break away... before you post in about breaks after 4 hours, thats just complimentary, by law you get a break if you work 6 or more hours, i just think they are being shitty taking break away after all this time, just a 15 min cuppa in the cold winter

then today i have been told we have to submit a hoilday request form if we have a trip to the doctors, dentist, medical and so on... this affects me as i have a foot condition (plantar fasciitis) and require treatment from time to time, im going to use up a fair bit of holiday allowance over the year while being laid up on a treatment slab... not a holiday is it not like as if im in disney world...

can they force these changes on us... ?

no im not part of any union

as said anyone in the legal know... much appreciate any help tips and advice, yes other than find another job, i actually quite like working there until now...

Re: work related...

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post

in april i tupe over to a new firm who has taken over the contract... (been there 3 years)

smelt a rat from the start and soon things have started to change, 1st holiday allocation, then holiday notification, we used to have to notify work a week in advance for a day off or a month for a week or more... now it 2 weeks notice for a day and 4 weeks for week or more...

those of us doing 5 hour shifts have lost break entitlement... even though theres a 70 year old bloke there and he been there 12 years, they have taken the 15 min break away... before you post in about breaks after 4 hours, thats just complimentary, by law you get a break if you work 6 or more hours, i just think they are being shitty taking break away after all this time, just a 15 min cuppa in the cold winter

then today i have been told we have to submit a hoilday request form if we have a trip to the doctors, dentist, medical and so on... this affects me as i have a foot condition (plantar fasciitis) and require treatment from time to time, im going to use up a fair bit of holiday allowance over the year while being laid up on a treatment slab... not a holiday is it not like as if im in disney world...

as said anyone in the legal know... much appreciate any help tips and advice, yes other than find another job, i actually quite like working there until now...
    Don’t quote me but I don’t think they can force you to take Doctors/dentist etc as a holiday legally. I’ve always organised my docs and dentist appointment after working hours but I understand not practical for everyone

What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post

Leave, get a new job/career. Start a new qualification. GET IN CONTROL

Have you got an Employee Contract mate?

You're right about Working Time.

Pure non-contractual rights don't TUPE across to your new employer.

Check your contract to see if the policies/procedure you refer to are expressly set out or incorporated by reference. Check your staff handbook and/or ask for a copy of the relevant policy.

Speak with ACAS and join a union.