+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City taking flight again

City taking flight again

No excuses Sat now. No tiredness. A win is now essential.

Re: City taking flight again

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    They're a good team and we're away from home. A win is not essential in our 13th game. Calm down.

I agree - A win would be brilliant, a draw would be very good. As you say "Boro are a good team and we are away from home. The flight up is indeed good news.

It's my opinion that we should get a result there, a draw being the minimum. I feel some look at the fixture as tough simply because Boro were in the Premier League last season. In truth, Boro are without a win in 4, have 1 point from their last 2 home games and have started to concede goals, which they weren't doing earlier in the season.

If we can play as we did earlier in the season there's no reason why we can't get 3 points. Lately, when we haven't got results, much of the reason was down to us not playing at a high enough tempo against a team set up to defend. The ball is in our court - play well and we've every chance of the win. Don't play well and we won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's my opinion that we should get a result there, a draw being the minimum. I feel some look at the fixture as tough simply because Boro were in the Premier League last season. In truth, Boro are without a win in 4, have 1 point from their last 2 home games and have started to concede goals, which they weren't doing earlier in the season.

If we can play as we did earlier in the season there's no reason why we can't get 3 points. Lately, when we haven't got results, much of the reason was down to us not playing at a high enough tempo against a team set up to defend. The ball is in our court - play well and we've every chance of the win. Don't play well and we won't.
    It's tough because you just have to look at the players they have. They're a good side that are underperforming but it should click. They don't lose many, only 3 all season and only once at home. I suspect a score draw is the most likely result. We can nick it but to say Boro are only seen as tough because they were in the top flight when they have players such as Braithwaite, Assombalonga, Bamford, Gibson, Howson and Randolph isn't true.

Wrong Hurricane Brian right on top of em

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's tough because you just have to look at the players they have. They're a good side that are underperforming but it should click. They don't lose many, only 3 all season and only once at home. I suspect a score draw is the most likely result. We can nick it but to say Boro are only seen as tough because they were in the top flight when they have players such as Braithwaite, Assombalonga, Bamford, Gibson, Howson and Randolph isn't true.
    To be honest, I don't read anything into the names of players. They're where they are for a reason. They were tipped to be the front runners with Wolves and they've not come close. They were abysmal in the top division, only staying anywhere near contention by not conceding many goals. If anything, things have got worse after a reasonable start. We did something similar when we were relegated, yet on paper we had a squad that should have been challenging. I think it's called the reality of Championship football. Norwich made a great start last season then fell away alarmingly.

The only problem is, "Olde Piggy Eyes", has the Voodoo on us.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The only problem is, "Olde Piggy Eyes", has the Voodoo on us.
    Mmmmmmm " Boro have only beaten a Warnock side 4 times in almost 30 years -" Have faith in the Neil

Funnily enough I'm quitely confident that we will get something from this game.
    We owe Monk one.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Mmmmmmm " Boro have only beaten a Warnock side 4 times in almost 30 years -" Have faith in the Neil
    How many times have they played a Warnock side? It can't be too often.

Making Monk look miserable means it's a must-win game for us. And to top it off, his hair's crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    How many times have they played a Warnock side? It can't be too often.
    Every time