+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The best English manager competing in Europe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The best English manager competing in Europe

I was reading about this team a while ago. Do they have any kind of strong financial backing or has it all just come together somehow? Either way, it's a great story.

And thanks for reminding me: the new FM comes out next week, time to say goodbye to friends, family and life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    I was reading about this team a while ago. Do they have any kind of strong financial backing or has it all just come together somehow? Either way, it's a great story.

And thanks for reminding me: the new FM comes out next week, time to say goodbye to friends, family and life.
    I don't think they've spent a lot, apparently they've had some unusual management techniques.

I think he plays a possession based flexible system with 3 defenders, and the players are encouraged to have a high degree of autonomy when they are on the pitch.
    They also make all the players and staff put on art shows or singing performances for the fans to take them out of their comfort zones and promote confidence and teamwork.

Can't imagine those ideas holding much truck with our current manager.

I have been following their results as a good friend of ours is from there. They are a tiny club and their results have been incredible. They are very much a community club.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post

I’m not aware they have spent much at all. Makes their achievements even more impressive.