My little lad is 5 years old (almost 6) and was recently scouted at a football festival by Swansea. They asked if he would like to attend their pre academy for a couple of training sessions. Despite the obvious reasons for not wanting to go I thought it would be a good opportunity for Thomas so I took him down. They train at a place called 'play football' which is similar to Gol in Cardiff. To be fair it was a very good set up and we were made to feel very welcome. To my surprise I wasn't the only Cardiff fan down there as there were quite a few kids from Cardiff, barry, Caerphilly etc.

Roll on a couple of weeks and I was contacted by his local team saying that Cardiff adc have asked if he would like to train with them. It would appear that they found out he was training with Swansea and wanted to have a look at him.

We have been to one adc session which was good, plenty of little games going on and again we were well looked after.

At the moment neither Swansea or Cardiff have really said if they want him to continue. It's all very relaxed and casual and they are both keen for him to carry on attending. Speaking to a few parents I will eventually be called in for a chat and either formally be asked to train on a regular basis or told he is not wanted.

At his age it's just for fun and I'm not getting carried away with the attention. At the moment as long as he enjoys it I'm happy to attend either.

The question is I can't really keep up going to both and sooner or later I will have to choose. As much as it pains me to say on initial impressions Swansea appears more professional but I'm new to all this so would appreciate some guidance.

Cardiff would of course be a lot easier but the feedback I've had from other parents is that Swansea is the better option.

Any thoughts?