+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paterson travelling with squad for tomorrow.

Paterson travelling with squad for tomorrow.

Neil Warnock confirmed in his press conference today that Callum Paterson is in the squad for Middlesbrough, but he also said that he will play in Monday's Development team game, so you'd expect him to be a sub at best. Kadeem Harris' injury is not as bad as first feared - it's a hairline fracture, rather than a recurrence of the original injury, so it will be three to four weeks out, rather than three to four months.

Re: Paterson travelling with squad for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Neil Warnock confirmed in his press conference today that Callum Paterson is in the squad for Middlesbrough, but he also said that he will play in Monday's Development team game, so you'd expect him to be a sub at best. Kadeem Harris' injury is not as bad as first feared - it's a hairline fracture, rather than a recurrence of the original injury, so it will be three to four weeks out, rather than three to four months.
    Warnock suggesting he needs to build up his power, that he can't turn and go at the moment. I think if he came on, he might go as a winger/auxiliary striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Warnock suggesting he needs to build up his power, that he can't turn and go at the moment. I think if he came on, he might go as a winger/auxiliary striker.
    Yeah, he mentioned that he can't run backwards as fast as he can forwards. He also mentioned that he's getting a tad frustrated by his lack of football and that he's going around kicking people in training! Wonder if it were him that accidentally caused Kads his latest setback in training. Not that i'm trying to apportion blame as these things can happen anytime during a training session.

Warnocks comments on Paterson.

“He’ll travel and will be in the squad and it’s good for him because he’s going to be a cracking player.

“I’ve put some faith in him but what I said to the owner and the transfer committee was – because it’s difficult to sign a player who’s injured because – that we have to look at the longer term because the £300,000 compensation was an investment.

“And although it didn’t help my squad in pre-season, I felt the club should take my advice because the lad could be worth a lot of money when he’s fit.

“I don’t see much better Scottish full-backs so I think he’ll be pushing for the Scotland team again. “He’s still waiting to get back that explosiveness after the injury, he’s still not quite up to scratch going backwards and is a little bit sluggish when people are taking him on.

“But we’re working on his strength now and other than that his stamina is good. He’s a strong lad, he wants to win and score goals and do everything else.

“He’s frustrated at the minute – he kicks one or two in training because he’s not getting a game - but long term he’ll be a big favourite here.”