+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steak Night

Re: Steak Night

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Has to be garlic mayo or french mustard, along with aunt bessies onion rings.

Tabasco, along with Lurpak are top of the list of foods I would take to a desert island.
    Garlic mayo on a steak? I despair

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Burger for me tonight
    Every night by the looks of it

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Garlic mayo on a steak? I despair
    Quite.
    I’ve seen a weird kent put salad cream all over his Christmas dinner as well.
    Some people eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    I'm cooking steak at home now as one night a week is always a dedicated steak night, without fail. Out of interest, what goes well with a steak for you?

For me, it's always medium-rare seasoned with salt, pepper, Lea & Perrins and garlic powder, with chips, onions, brown mushrooms, garlic and covered with a garlic and butter sauce with either orange juice or a beer and a good film. Maybe some bread and butter on the side.
    Doris is doing me steak at the moment, Friday is steak night, you don't spoil steak by smothering it with shit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Quite.
    I’ve seen a weird kent put salad cream all over his Christmas dinner as well.
    Some people eh?
    I once worked with a lad who put tomato ketchup on his gravy and chips

My brother in law puts ketchup on his cooked dinners

Medium chateau briand to share
    Beef dripping sauce
    Skin on fries
    Grilled tomato
    Onion loaf
    Side of lobster mac n cheese

Miller and Carter

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    My brother in law puts ketchup on his cooked dinners
    I have mint sauce on my dinner regardless of meat but ketchup?!? Revolting.

Every night by the looks of it
    Ah, another Johnny come lately

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Has to be garlic mayo or french mustard, along with aunt bessies onion rings.

Tabasco, along with Lurpak are top of the list of foods I would take to a desert island.
    You got it

Medium chateau briand to share
    Beef dripping sauce
    Skin on fries
    Grilled tomato
    Onion loaf
    Side of lobster mac n cheese

Miller and Carter
    Expensive as well but nice all the same.
    Mrs Spanker does a lovely onion loaf, unfortunately she’s always quite reluctant to cook because..as she says..”my fecking clothes end up stinking mun”

There's only two "real" steaks.
    Rib-eye or sirloin.

Fillet is for wimps - too dry and lacks taste; you have to have some marbling of fat for the taste.

Has to be rare, or preferably blue.

Sear both sides,. then 'rest' it for at least 5 minutes in a warm (not hot) place.
    Serve with mushrooms and onion and a blue cheese (Stilton or Roquefort) sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    How very common
    He said, giving away several of his former aliases.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Rib-eye or sirloin.

Fillet is for wimps - too dry and lacks taste; you have to have some marbling of fat for the taste.

Sear both sides,. then 'rest' it for at least 5 minutes in a warm (not hot) place.
    It’s all about opinions isn’t it?

It’s a good job we’re all different as the world would be a very boring place.

Rib-eye or sirloin.

You forgot the IMHO bit. That's why it's one of the few foods that you get asked how you'd like it cooked.

Rib-eye or sirloin.

Pretty much nail on the head there...

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post
    Pretty much nail on the head there...
    Whilst I totally disagree with everything he said there. As I said, it would be boring if we were all the same.

Rib-eye or sirloin.

In general I agree that fillet lacks flavour. I think most people are fooled into thinking it's amazing because of the texture. However, I've had locally-reared grass-fed fillets which had as much flavor as a rib eye. In fact, the rib eye from the same butcher had too much flavour for my wife and I. It was almost gamey.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    In general I agree that fillet lacks flavour. I think most people are fooled into thinking it's amazing because of the texture. However, I've had locally-reared grass-fed fillets which had as much flavor as a rib eye. In fact, the rib eye from the same butcher had too much flavour for my wife and I. It was almost gamey.
    Good ribeye is .......good, but unfortunately it seems to be and excuse for UK supermarkets to sell fatty, 'grissoly' meat. On a recent trip to NYC the steak on offer at Grand Central station looked awesome.