+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sludge - Music

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Who says girls can't play guitar ? Throwing muses

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Holy shit.

How do you get to be that good at 16?
    By endless practise from a very young age.

She's an amazing guitarist from a technical perspective, but not convinced by her musicality - I'd love to hear something original rather than covers.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    By endless practise from a very young age.

She's an amazing guitarist from a technical perspective, but not convinced by her musicality - I'd love to hear something original rather than covers.
    But still....

When I was sixteen my achievements amounted to a few O levels and the ability to shoot my jizz quite a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    But still....

When I was sixteen my achievements amounted to a few O levels and the ability to shoot my jizz quite a long way.
    And nothing has changed over all these years apart from the distance you refer to, which is now probably a dribble rather than a shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    And nothing has changed over all these years apart from the distance you refer to, which is now probably a dribble rather than a shoot.
    Like beer barrels slowly rolling off the back of a truck.

Pm me if you wish to discuss male ejaculation further.

I wouldn't say that's just practice.

Never heard of her before but I think she has excellent feel as well as technique

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post

Never heard of her before but I think she has excellent feel as well as technique
    By practise I don't mean note for note copying of songs, I mean she's just so damn comfortable playing the guitar, you can see muscle memory kicking in for the fingering technique.

The technique is superb. Feel, not necessarily convinced by because nothing there really deviates and makes the songs her own - that's why I'd love to see some original stuff by her. Problem is, she's made her name by doing covers and only covers from what I can see - which is a shame and almost certainly a waste of her talent.

I know what you mean, there are a lot of players on youtube that can play a million notes a minute. I felt her performance had more than that.

I had a quick look at some of her earlier stuff and it did seem a bit cold and robotic, like so many others. I found that rendition of For the The Love Of God really engaging and musical

I know they're not playing, BUT, always loved this video:----

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post

This. You can only get so far with practice. Some people are just natural.

As for female musicians, most are seen as pretty first and musicians secondly. That’s the challenge of the new era of equality.