+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone done a Broadway show ? ?

Anyone done a Broadway show ? ?

Looking at booking up a Broadway show for next year, Charlie and the choc factory looks the family fav

just been on a site and its $120 each ticket, a little high imho, but hey ho

So i am booking and they want $42 EACH TICKET for a booking fee, $42

any hints or tips, as $42 a ticket is just robbery

Re: Anyone done a Broadway show ? ?

Jersey Boys, wasn't sure about it before we went, was persuaded by Blue Tone, it was fabulous, brilliant

Off to see Springsteen on Broadway shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Jersey Boys, wasn't sure about it before we went, was persuaded by Blue Tone, it was fabulous, brilliant
    I did that one as well, but although an experience not sure it was any different than i would have experienced elsewhere.

Not Broadway, but went to A CHRISTMAS CAROL @ Madison Square Garden

Boy do the Yanks know how to put a show, absolutely brilliant and well worth the the money.

Yeah, saw Adams family values (crap) and the Gloria Estefan show last year. Also saw the rockettes at radio city. There’s a booth on Times Square where you can get cheaper last minute deals.

I guess you all didnt book them online and pay $42 EACH TICKET for a booking fee ? ?

cheers TH, only downside to that is they are likely to be seats at the back i guess, the tix's i have seen are at the front row of the 1st Mezzanine, which look good enough, just the $42 on top of each ticket really does wind me up, these are either " print at home " or " will call " , so they are not even printing them or sending them out, robbers

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    It's very rarely I log in nowadays but logged in to mention Jersey Boys but Chris beat me to it.
    Not suitable for young'uns though.
    Even if you're not a fan of Frankie Valli you like the story and I will guarantee you'll be singing along

Also go for a pre theatre dinner in the revolving restaurant in the Marriott Marquis on Broadway / Times Square, great 360* views

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    It's very rarely I log in nowadays but logged in to mention Jersey Boys but Chris beat me to it.
    Not suitable for young'uns though.
    Even if you're not a fan of Frankie Valli you like the story and I will guarantee you'll be singing along

Also go for a pre theatre dinner in the revolving restaurant in the Marriott Marquis on Broadway / Times Square, great 360* views
    Good shout. We stayed there last year, the food was ok, but a great experience. The Gloria Estefan show was at the hotel’s theatre too so didn’t even have to go outside.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Yeah, saw Adams family values (crap) and the Gloria Estefan show last year. Also saw the rockettes at radio city. There’s a booth on Times Square where you can get cheaper last minute deals.
    Yes
    Otherwise tickets are expensive

Depending on what show you a want to see and how many tickets you need you can try this place:

https://www.tdf.org/nyc/8/Locations-...-Ticket-Booths

You go and buy tickets over the counter the old fashioned way.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Depending on what show you a want to see and how many tickets you need you can try this place:

cheers, might pop along to a Booth to see if they have any lion king tickets on our 3rd night, going to watch Charlie and the choc factory on our 2nd night, just cannot pay $42 per ticket booking fee, i might over the weekend if i have a drink

Banned

I mooned outside the Bertram once.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    I was inside on the cider ,awful sight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I was inside on the cider ,awful sight.
    Famous for it's cider

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Your Mam must have been furious.

I played the part of the village idiot in fiddler on the roof many years back

The actors were a bunch of ***** but the catering staff were well fit , I gave one of them a welcome in the hillsides

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Yeah, definitely go for the last minute deals.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Looking at booking up a Broadway show for next year, Charlie and the choc factory looks the family fav

just been on a site and its $120 each ticket, a little high imho, but hey ho

So i am booking and they want $42 EACH TICKET for a booking fee, $42

any hints or tips, as $42 a ticket is just robbery
    That is absolutely unreal, genuinely. F**K that

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    That is absolutely unreal, genuinely. F**K that
    Although if you spent a little less money on constantly buying swimming pools for your garden then you might have a bit more disposable income to afford the booking fee

Been to NYC a few times (and Llundain) but never been to any shows, so don't know about prices but their sporting events were reasonably priced, well back in the day anyway .

Threads from 2017

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Threads from 2017
    Does that make it irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Think that’s what I did when I was there, a booth somewhere near Time Square, paid about $50 each for Rent, not really my thing but I enjoyed it, decent seats too, about half price.....

We saw Wicked at the Gershwin Theatre a couple of years ago. Paid about £50 each for the tickets.
    We just walked to the theatre on a rainy Saturday morning and asked if they had tickets available and got two for that evening. Forget the booths and just go direct to the theatre.