+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ifollow abroad

Ifollow abroad

I am stuck in a hospital bed in Thailand and have my Laptop with me. As a subscriber to Ifollow I thought I would be able to watch the game live as I am abroad. But the option doesn't come up. What a bummer.
    Spedger

Re: Ifollow abroad

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I am stuck in a hospital bed in Thailand and have my Laptop with me. As a subscriber to Ifollow I thought I would be able to watch the game live as I am abroad. But the option doesn't come up. What a bummer.
    Spedger

Ladyboy nurse?

Spedger

im also trying to watch the game via a vpn based abroad, Im guessing Middlesbororugh are on of the teams not signed up to Follow maybe ? no option to watch for me either.

Middlesbrough don't participate in the iFollow service. Had a similar experience to you SJB, apart from the hospital and Thailand. And I'm using a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Middlesbrough don't participate in the iFollow service. Had a similar experience to you SJB, apart from the hospital and Thailand. And I'm using a PC.
    Thanks Colonel, wish i knew this before i signed up for a months VPN !

is there a list somewhere that shows what teams participate in iFollow ?

Edit: just found this .. https://www.efl.com/iFollow/international-fans/

Why are some clubs not currently offering iFollow?

iFollow is only available to clubs playing in the EFL during the 2017/18 season and who have opted in to utilise the iFollow platform. Any club which is not listed above will still be able to live stream their games, but will provide their fans with access through their own club digital services should they wish to. We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Bristol City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green, Fulham, Hull City, Middlesbrough, QPR, Sunderland and Wolverhampton Wanderers

Spedger
    As a second best could you Skype someone who has the radio on?

OK you lot listen It is now on ifollow, I read on the mddlesborough site that they were not participating on ifollow, as the watch live did not show, but now it does, log out and then log in again it should be there, just watched the end of the first half, all up and running now. The comentary has gone off in my other open window

You just have to log on via the City website. Works perfectly for me in France. We pay to watch City's games including those against clubs which have opted out of iFollow.

From the US I didn't have a problem, just logged on in the normal way. Ifollow is a wonderful option for those living abroad.

Just one point - for any upcoming games away at clubs not signed up with Ifollow, you say opted-out clubs cab provide a stream to their fans 'through their own digital service'.

I'm not sure how that works but I haven't missed a game yet just by logging on to Ifollow. Long may it continue

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    From the US I didn't have a problem, just logged on in the normal way. Ifollow is a wonderful option for those living abroad.

Just one point - for any upcoming games away at clubs not signed up with Ifollow, you say opted-out clubs cab provide a stream to their fans 'through their own digital service'.

I'm not sure how that works but I haven't missed a game yet just by logging on to Ifollow. Long may it continue
    Thanks for the info. I’ll start to use a USA based server I think 👍

Spedger
    http://www.bangkok.com/magazine/ladyboys.htm
    Watch out for the Kathoeys, I'm sure an old seadog like yourself won't need the tips...hope the reason you're in a hospital bed ain't too serious.

Spedger
    I hope it's nothing too serious and you are back on the mend soon. They have some fantastic hospitals in Bangkok, the standards are as good as the top American hospitals.
    I opted to have a stomach operation in Bangkok General Hospital a few years ago, rather than have it done here in China.
    I'm not kidding you - it was like a 5 star hotel ... there was even someone playing a grand piano near the reception area. It was air-conditioned throughout, all the doctors and nurses could speak English and almost all the doctors had qualified in America or Europe and it boasted all the latest state-of-the-art equipment.