+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Prisoner

The Prisoner

Re: The Prisoner

Any fans on here? Is it worth watching the whole series?

Difficult one , ,ahead of its its time , was watched at the time I think by fans of the actor Patrick McGoohan was a leading TV actor off the age and the appeal of Dangerman ,worth a watch though if not out of interest.

Its bit like Carey film Truman Show one a George Orwell big brother watching you its sees him trapped with no name, just a number on a mysterious seaside village ,where he is held captive and isolated from the mainland and secured by monitoring systems and security forces .

Its all bit Orwalliian ,off the wall , roll a joint, chill and watch , please ensure you have plenty of snacks to hand ready for the munchies

I watched it all when it was originally aired.
    Very good, a bit (correction - a LOT) surreal, but after the final episode, I thought "WTF was that all about?"

The basic plot was that he resigned, and each episode was about a new "Number 2" trying to find out why he resigned.

One of my all time favourite series and a great theme tune as well.

I have watched the whole series 3 times over the years and would watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Difficult one , ,ahead of its its time , was watched at the time I think by fans of the actor Patrick McGoohan was a leading TV actor off the age and the appeal of Dangerman ,worth a watch though if not out of interest.

Its bit like Carey film Truman Show one a George Orwell big brother watching you its sees him trapped with no name, just a number on a mysterious seaside village ,where he is held captive and isolated from the mainland and secured by monitoring systems and security forces .

Its all bit Orwalliian ,off the wall , roll a joint, chill and watch , please ensure you have plenty of snacks to hand ready for the munchies
    Maybe I was a bit too young to appreciate the Prisoner when it first aired, but I've watched it since and I don't think it's aged too well - I'm not a huge Jim Carey fan, but I think the Truman Show is his best film and I enjoyed it far more than the Prisoner.

Anyone see the remake of The Prisoner?
    I watched a few episodes, then gave it up 'cos it was bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Anyone see the remake of The Prisoner?
    I watched a few episodes, then gave it up 'cos it was bollocks.
    Yes it was dreadful.