+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JFK

JFK

Interesting tweet from the US president.

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump . 12h
    Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened.

I wonder if there will be any bombshells in there?

Re: JFK

No doubt he will do whatever is in the very best interests of ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

I wonder if there will be any bombshells in there?
    Marilyn Monroe was bumped off by the CIA after JFK got her pregnant.

It’s one way of distracting from his utter **** wittery of a presidency I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    It’s one way of distracting from his utter **** wittery of a presidency I suppose.
    The release of these documents was mandated by law in 1992, which stated the release of the documents should be completed before 0ct 26 2017. Do you think they should be blocked for another 55 years, and if so why?

So it's a 25 year old law, nothing to do with Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    So it's a 25 year old law, nothing to do with Trump?
    He could block them on security grounds, but surely if there is nothing to hide, there is nothing to fear?

He could block them on security grounds, but surely if there is nothing to hide, there is nothing to fear?
    Claiming credit for doing literally nothing...

Claiming credit for doing literally nothing...
    The security services want to block the release, so not actually doing nothing ...

The security services want to block the release, so not actually doing nothing ...
    But that would mean talking and listening to people and understanding what they say. Far easier to do nothing, plus RATINGS.

Reminds me of this scene from Yes Minister -

James Hacker: [reads memo] This file contains the complete set of papers, except for a number of secret documents, a few others which are part of still active files, some correspondence lost in the floods of 1967...

James Hacker: Was 1967 a particularly bad winter?

Sir Humphrey Appleby: No, a marvellous winter. We lost no end of embarrassing files.

James Hacker: [reads] Some records which went astray in the move to London and others when the War Office was incorporated in the Ministry of Defence, and the normal withdrawal of papers whose publication could give grounds for an action for libel or breach of confidence or cause embarrassment to friendly governments.

James Hacker: That's pretty comprehensive. How many does that normally leave for them to look at?

James Hacker: How many does it actually leave? About a hundred?... Fifty?... Ten?... Five?... Four?... Three?... Two?... One?... *Zero?*

Sir Humphrey Appleby: Yes, Minister.

But that would mean talking and listening to people and understanding what they say. Far easier to do nothing, plus RATINGS.
    The documents belong to the people, so the public have every right to see them.

The release of these documents was mandated by law in 1992, which stated the release of the documents should be completed before 0ct 26 2017. Do you think they should be blocked for another 55 years, and if so why?
    Makes you wonder why presidents before Trump hadn't completed that process.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Makes you wonder why presidents before Trump hadn't completed that process.
    Maybe they were indebted to the very same people?

Maybe they were indebted to the very same people?
    Maybe, but I'd suggest Obama didn't do so due to the Democrats regarding JFK as an absolute god rather than the tawdry piece of crap he and his family really are.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Maybe, but I'd suggest Obama didn't do so due to the Democrats regarding JFK as an absolute god rather than the tawdry piece of crap he and his family really are.
    Obama and Clinton are currently under investigation by the Senate Judiciary Committee regarding Uranium One corruption, bribery, collusion and pay-to-play with the Russians. The case was covered up by Comey, Meuller, McCabe and Rosenstein, the very same people in charge of investigating Trump for Russian collusion.

The documents belong to the people, so the public have every right to see them.
    Odd reply. I haven't said they shouldn't be released, although they'll be redacted so much that there'll be little of interest to anyone except the genuine simpletons who love a conspiracy theory.

We won't find out if Ted Cruz's father was mates with Harvey Oswald as Trump said during his campaign.

Odd reply. I haven't said they shouldn't be released, although they'll be redacted so much that there'll be little of interest to anyone except the genuine simpletons who love a conspiracy theory.

We won't find out if Ted Cruz's father was mates with Harvey Oswald as Trump said during his campaign.
    Yeah, they are a slippery lot.

Trump does / permits what he thinks will bring him some win.
    Cant blame him for that, he could certainly do with some and it would hardly be different - in that respect - to any other ex-president.

Though he'll probably manage to shoot himself in the ..foot in the process. Pardon the expression.

If you take the decision maker out of the equation, then in my opinion releasing the documents is the right thing to do. If the current decision maker were to keep the records sealed, then I think it would be the wrong decision. It doesn't matter who the president is as long as they make the correct decision for the people, as opposed to appeasing those who may have something to lose.

Obama and Clinton are currently under investigation by the Senate Judiciary Committee regarding Uranium One corruption, bribery, collusion and pay-to-play with the Russians. The case was covered up by Comey, Meuller, McCabe and Rosenstein, the very same people in charge of investigating Trump for Russian collusion.
    Wow. Talk about fake news. What fair and balanced source did you get that from?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Wow. Talk about fake news. What fair and balanced source did you get that from?
    The FBI and the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Then you'll know the committee has proposed investigating Russia and the Uranium One sale.

Your statement that "Obama and Clinton are currently under investigation by the Senate Judiciary Committee" is just untrue.

And the above were not your sources.