Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
It's not an opinion based on fact. You don't have any facts. You just have other people's opinions. If you cite sources and offer reasonable evidence that any of what you suppose is true, I'll gladly take the time to "educate myself".

Let me educate you in the meantime. Don't mistake assumptions for facts. None of the people mentioned in this thread are "heroes" of mine.
All of these reports are based on FBI documents and off the record information provided by people working within the FBI. The journalists reporting on this case are hardly going to burn their sources, and there have been no denials. In fact, the various agencies and departments are refusing to answer requests for comments. The problem as I see it, is the established media are ignoring the story which is creating confusion in people's minds. Things will change if and when the undercover witness is ungagged. He wants to share his information, but somebody with the relevant authority has to remove his NDA. A request has been made by his lawyer to the Senate Judiciary Committee to do just that.

I'm glad to hear you don't have any heroes in the game, cos it's going to get a bit messy.