+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January 1st approaching and Vinnie must be getting a tad nervous after today's result...

January 1st approaching and Vinnie must be getting a tad nervous after today's result...

...come on, does anyone think NW - in his last hurrah for that record 8th promotion - didn't get a commitment from the owner about a war chest for the January window if he's got the club in real contention at the end of the year?

And I reckon Vincent will be happy to oblige:-

He will remember (like we all do) the Wembley visits that first whetted his appetite;
    He now knows how football works - yes it's a gamble but he's invested so much already and stayed on board, he'll want to be proved right;
    And he will then be able to sell the club on to his Chinese friends at a big profit and bow out with honour as originally intended.

Re: January 1st approaching and Vinnie must be getting a tad nervous after today's result...

I think we will see some new faces but not a lot of money being spent , I hope not either , it upsets team moral

Re: January 1st approaching and Vinnie must be getting a tad nervous after today's result...

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think we will see some new faces but not a lot of money being spent , I hope not either , it upsets team moral
    They just have the one?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    They just have the one?
    He dropped an E. It is the weekend after all.

When are we debt free?
    That was the promise and with a quite specific timeline as well

I can see vinnie not being happy that the 1 player paid big money for isn't even featuring so can't see us going big.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I can see vinnie not being happy that the 1 player paid big money for isn't even featuring so can't see us going big.
    I’m beginning to wonder whether there’s some sort of clause in Tomlin’s contract linked to appearances or something. Like “get a custodial sentence with less than x number of games played, then the contract is terminated” or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    ...come on, does anyone think NW - in his last hurrah for that record 8th promotion - didn't get a commitment from the owner about a war chest for the January window if he's got the club in real contention at the end of the year?

And I reckon Vincent will be happy to oblige:-

He will remember (like we all do) the Wembley visits that first whetted his appetite;
    He now knows how football works - yes it's a gamble but he's invested so much already and stayed on board, he'll want to be proved right;
    And he will then be able to sell the club on to his Chinese friends at a big profit and bow out with honour as originally intended.

This is my belief too. Warnock and Tan could well have concocted a deal, whereby a smaller sum was provided pre-season and if a Top 6 position on Jan 1st was secured, then a larger sum would be made available.

The financial and marketing rewards of promotion would far outweigh the outlay, and as you say, would immediately enhance our attractiveness to potential new owners.

Although as always here, be careful what you wish for!!

I can't see us spending much in January without one or both of substantial wage reductions or sizeable transfer receipts, unless we decide to gamble that promotion would mean we could easily pay the resultant FFP fine in the same manner as Bournemouth did after their Championship winning season.

I can see us bringing in another midfielder, Joe Ledley perhaps? Is it just a coincidence Derby have been on a good run since he arrived?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I’m beginning to wonder whether there’s some sort of clause in Tomlin’s contract linked to appearances or something. Like “get a custodial sentence with less than x number of games played, then the contract is terminated” or something?
    Thought the incident happened after he signed for us?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Thought the incident happened after he signed for us?
    No, it happened when he was playing for Bristol City. It’ll be interesting to know whether it was disclosed during the transfer negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    He dropped an E. It is the weekend after all.
    Well I thought it was funny

I am sure that Pilkington will be on his way in January. He is said to be on fairly big wages so that should help but like others have said I don't think there will be more that one or two new faces.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I can see us bringing in another midfielder, Joe Ledley perhaps? Is it just a coincidence Derby have been on a good run since he arrived?
    How can we sign Joe Ledley ?. He's already signed for Derby !!.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    How can we sign Joe Ledley ?. He's already signed for Derby !!.
    He only signed til January

Id love us to put a loan bid in for Woodburn. He's not playing or hardly making the bench at Liverpool

If I was Vinny, I would certainly dip my hand into my pocket, and I would buy Woodburn, Brooks and Wilson. That would stop those Wolves fans from rabbiting on about their fabulous front three!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    He only signed til January

Id love us to put a loan bid in for Woodburn. He's not playing or hardly making the bench at Liverpool
    He's far too good for the Championship! He'd go to another Premier League team if he went anywhere.