+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Very significant victory keeps City first team in top two as Under 18s extend winning run.

Very significant victory keeps City first team in top two as Under 18s extend winning run.

Re: Very significant victory keeps City first team in top two as Under 18s extend winning run.

Thanks for the write up.

Interesting to see Spence starring again for the under 18s. I wonder if he'll be involved with the first team soon ?

Re: Very significant victory keeps City first team in top two as Under 18s extend winning run.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Thanks for the write up.

Interesting to see Spence starring again for the under 18s. I wonder if he'll be involved with the first team soon ?
    I suppose the obvious game to give any youngster a try is the FA Cup Third Round when it comes around. As I was leaving the game yesterday lunchtime, the remark that "Sion was too good for this level now"was made to me - based on his display yesterday, they had a point.

As I hinted, Spence was, more or less, the difference between the two sides with a goal and two assists to his name in a match that finished 3-0.

I think vision is something that you either have or don't have as a player - it's not something that you can be taught really. Yesterday Spence showed that he possesses that asset yesterday and has done so in the past when I've seen him and I'd like to think he could play exactly the same sort of passes as he did yesterday if the chance to play them had arisen in a first team game. I'd say he'd also be fine as far as stamina is concerned, but, although he has a bit of a habit of being able to come away with the ball when he goes into a challenge with a bigger opponent, I think he may need a bit more strength and power before he can become a genuine first team contender.

Cheers Bob, good to see we've finally got the chance to see a prospect come through after many barren years