+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Etheridge is improving?

Re: Etheridge is improving?

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    He's in the "Times" Championship Team of the Week today. Only City player in it.

Indeed , people forget how poor Marshall was with crosses when he was first here

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    His kicking is far better than Marshall’s
    His kicking is one area where I rate him highly. Perhaps it just goes to show how low the bar has been set with our recent Keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So that goal was nothing to do with the defence parting like the red sea then ?. You pick on an isolated mistake in a match where he generally played very well and indicate the loss is all his fault. All outfield players also give the ball away at some point during a game but usually no mention is made of it afterwards. He's definately better than Marshall was at the same stage of his career and deserves to keep his place.
    Our midfield were all ahead of play and because he's kicked it like a clown they're 10 yards back. Morrison and Peltier could've done better but it all led from that. Hardly picking out an isolated mistake when it's a mistake that's led to the only goal of the game.

I was up at Preston and his kicking was atrocious there as well, led to a goal. Along with getting beat on his side for the first goal.

He's bang average. We win games despite him, not because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Warnock said Camp is still some way off being ready for first team consideration last week.
    He's even further away from consideration now after getting injured in the warm up before last night's U23 game! Replaced before kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Our midfield were all ahead of play and because he's kicked it like a clown they're 10 yards back. Morrison and Peltier could've done better but it all led from that. Hardly picking out an isolated mistake when it's a mistake that's led to the only goal of the game.

I was up at Preston and his kicking was atrocious there as well, led to a goal. Along with getting beat on his side for the first goal.

He's bang average. We win games despite him, not because of him.
    So he's had 1 bad game out of 13 (Preston) and you write him off, even though in the other 12 he has been excellent and we are second in the table with the lowest amount of goals conceded. In the rest of the Birmingham game he made three or four excellent saves and the reason we lost was because our defence and midfield didnt turn up and we didn't create any chances. On your basis, the rest of the squad must all be 'bang average' as well because every one of them has had more than one 'off day' and given the ball away on many occasions in each match. The evidence would however indicate otherwise - look at the table and statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So he's had 1 bad game out of 13 (Preston) and you write him off, even though in the other 12 he has been excellent and we are second in the table with the lowest amount of goals conceded. In the rest of the Birmingham game he made three or four excellent saves and the reason we lost was because our defence and midfield didnt turn up and we didn't create any chances. On your basis, the rest of the squad must all be 'bang average' as well because every one of them has had more than one 'off day' and given the ball away on many occasions in each match. The evidence would however indicate otherwise - look at the table and statistics.
    One?

Preston - Dreadful
    Bham - His mistake led to the only goal of the game
    QPR home - cost us a goal

So only costing us the one goal every four games

I read a few weeks ago we've conceded the least amount of shots out of any club in the championship. I think he's well protected by our defence. He's fine - especially on a free - but will cost us a fair few goals throughout the course of the season.

One?

Preston - Dreadful
    Bham - His mistake led to the only goal of the game
    QPR home - cost us a goal

So only costing us the one goal every four games

I read a few weeks ago we've conceded the least amount of shots out of any club in the championship. I think he's well protected by our defence. He's fine - especially on a free - but will cost us a fair few goals throughout the course of the season.
    It wasn't a very good pass back to him from Bamba who was dreadful in the Bham game. It was cleared out wide towards Peltier which he was instructed to do. Peltier got caught flat footed and Morrison should have done better. Very hard to criticise Etheridge for that.

Yes he was dreadful at Preston but I believe he deserves our support as he's better more often than not

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    It wasn't a very good pass back to him from Bamba who was dreadful in the Bham game. It was cleared out wide towards Peltier which he was instructed to do. Peltier got caught flat footed and Morrison should have done better. Very hard to criticise Etheridge for that.

Yes he was dreadful at Preston but I believe he deserves our support as he's better more often than not
    Agreed on supporting them, Always do during the game! Like I said I don't think he's a bad keeper. If we were going to strengthen in Jan other places are definitely more of a priority, was just stating I think he's pretty average.

Agreed on supporting them, Always do during the game! Like I said I don't think he's a bad keeper. If we were going to strengthen in Jan other places are definitely more of a priority, was just stating I think he's pretty average.
    Great support

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Great support
    Innit. Pulled off some cracking saves as part of a tight defensive unit and someone whines about his kicking! I recall Guardiola brought in a keeper supposedly an amazing ball player, that worked out well...

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Great support
    You are right, we are amazing and no one dare question any of our players ever. You should support wolves

You are right, we are amazing and no one dare question any of our players ever. You should support wolves
    You should support Newcastle