+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What newspapers do you read ?

What newspapers do you read ?

During the week it's the western mail and guardian, Sunday it used to be observer and Wales on Sunday

I am dropping the Wales on Sunday , this week's is utter rubbish and it's almost the price of the quality broadsheets

The echo is a load of nonsense too

Re: What newspapers do you read ?

Times on the weekend - it’s free from waitrose

Can’t remember the last time I bought a newspaper. Nowadays just watch news on TV and online.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    During the week it's the western mail and guardian, Sunday it used to be observer and Wales on Sunday

I am dropping the Wales on Sunday , this week's is utter rubbish and it's almost the price of the quality broadsheets

The echo is a load of nonsense too
    Can't say I read newspapers as a whole, though I quite often spot a link online to a story of interest and spend a while looking at other stories from the same media outlet. Generally, those tend to be WalesOnline, Guardian and Independent.

If I was in power I would ban the Mail, Sun and Express. I'd pass a law requiring all media establishments to print factual items, rather than scare stories based on opinions. I'd prevent newspapers from being politically leaning towards a particular party or printing endless propaganda. When you have billionaire newspaper owners (who avoid tax btw) telling us their particular slant on the world, are they reporting factual news or telling you what they want you to know in order to protect their own interests?

Whilst looking through the travel section of the paper this morning, I saw some offers for holidays on the Isle of Wight. One company even offered 'free car ferry' . Now where the feck would I put that? I only have a small garden.

I have a look at as many as I am able to online. Why pay when the majority are free online?

The Guardian - £1 on campus, BBC News and sometimes the Evening Standard coz I use the Tube every day and the university SU's newspaper as well so that I am itk as in what is happening in the uni and the local area
    I also read the Economist and Financial Times as part of my degree is in economics

But newspapers in general, I take them with a pinch of salt tbh and I also read academic journals, which is essential for my degree tbh

If you like propaganda and yesterday's news then newspapers are great. Otherwise give them a miss

I have the "i"
    List price is 60p weekdays. 80p on Sat.
    But I subscribe, so it works out at just over 30p a day. Can't fault it.

I don't trust any news source unless I can trace it's funding back to the Kremlin.

Here’s a good website with quick links to many, many newspapers both home and abroad

http://www.thebigproject.co.uk/news/#.WeypBLrTWhC

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I have the "i"
    List price is 60p weekdays. 80p on Sat.
    But I subscribe, so it works out at just over 30p a day. Can't fault it.
    Yes you can, its outdated and politically biased like other crap publications

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I don't trust any news source unless I can trace it's funding back to the Kremlin.

I read The Guardian online every day. Sometimes The Independent.

I get all the news l need from the weather report

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Times on the weekend - it’s free from waitrose
    As long as you spend at least £10.

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    I get all the news l need from the weather report
    Not true, the post above yours is from the Only Living Boy In New York!

I used to read Page 3, but I've stopped as it's not like it used to be. I get all my Page 3 news online now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Can't say I read newspapers as a whole, though I quite often spot a link online to a story of interest and spend a while looking at other stories from the same media outlet. Generally, those tend to be WalesOnline, Guardian and Independent.

If I was in power I would ban the Mail, Sun and Express. I'd pass a law requiring all media establishments to print factual items, rather than scare stories based on opinions. I'd prevent newspapers from being politically leaning towards a particular party or printing endless propaganda. When you have billionaire newspaper owners (who avoid tax btw) telling us their particular slant on the world, are they reporting factual news or telling you what they want you to know in order to protect their own interests?
    Great post. I hate the way newspapers try to scare us into behaving or thinking in a particular way.
    I no longer buy a paper and tend to read stuff that catches my eye on the web which can lead to me reading other titbits from the same source . Huffington post is one source for my news.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Great post. I hate the way newspapers try to scare us into behaving or thinking in a particular way.
    I no longer buy a paper and tend to read stuff that catches my eye on the web which can lead to me reading other titbits from the same source . Huffington post is one source for my news.
    What a top post

Frightening thought really, that since the inception of the printed word the world, certainly the UK, has been guided/misguided by the press, living in our local bubbles, newspapers were perhaps the only thing that gave us an insight to what the big picture was. A small number of press magnates dictated the thoughts of millions, the line "It must be true, it was in the paper" has been trotted out for decades, terrifying!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Murdoch will find a way to piss all over that fairy tale idea.

Blog Entries

If I buy a newspaper it's because I've ran out of paper to put on the bottom of Rudy's cage.

Quite like the Independebt and the Times

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Frightening thought really, that since the inception of the printed word the world, certainly the UK, has been guided/misguided by the press, living in our local bubbles, newspapers were perhaps the only thing that gave us an insight to what the big picture was. A small number of press magnates dictated the thoughts of millions, the line "It must be true, it was in the paper" has been trotted out for decades, terrifying!!!
    It was the church who did the same job before the printing press came along.