+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What newspapers do you read ?

Re: What newspapers do you read ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It was the church who did the same job before the printing press came along.
    Did you see that programme the other night about William of Orange's invasion? He actually brought a printing press with him on one of the ships for propaganda purposes. The power of the printed word eh!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Did you see that programme the other night about William of Orange's invasion? He actually brought a printing press with him on one of the ships for propaganda purposes. The power of the printed word eh!
    You know the church wouldn't lie to promote their own agenda.
    Nor tamper with wee boys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    You know the church wouldn't lie to promote their own agenda.
    Nor tamper with wee boys.
    Where did you hear about that Jim?

This thread confirms that the printed news is a dying section of the media.

In answer to the op I read The Times and Sunday Times and Wales on Line.

BTW I don't vote Tory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Might have been the Daily Mail?

I buy The Daily Mirror on a Saturday and read The Guardian on line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Might have been the Daily Mail?
    I was joking.

As mentioned previously, you have to read opposite publications to know what is really going on, the Guardian/Daily Mail, BBC/Fox, etc. Also blogs and forums are becoming increasingly relevant if you can find your way through the maze of good and bad info. Many of these modern disseminators of information have really good sources who wouldn't ordinarily deal with the legacy press.

A good example would be the US election/Russian collusion story, there are two completely different narratives doing the rounds depending on where you source your news. Eventually one will be proved right while the other suffers the consequences of spreading lies.

As mentioned previously, you have to read opposite publications to know what is really going on, the Guardian/Daily Mail, BBC/Fox, etc. Also blogs and forums are becoming increasingly relevant if you can find your way through the maze of good and bad info. Many of these modern disseminators of information have really good sources who wouldn't ordinarily deal with the legacy press.

A good example would be the US election/Russian collusion story, there are two completely different narratives doing the rounds depending on where you source your news. Eventually one will be proved right while the other suffers the consequences of spreading lies.
    I would say the Mail is sensationalist so instead of that, I would read the Telegraph

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    I would say the Mail is sensationalist so instead of that, I would read the Telegraph
    Yeah sure, as long as you know what all of their biases are.

Why read any?

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Why read any?
    If only the topic of the thread had been "What newspapers don't you read?"

Racing post

The Tenby Times is my organ of choice , bit lacking on world news but really handy if a car gets scratched or a cat does missing in Penally

Travellers' Times

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Why read any?
    OK, I'll stop reading them, and you can tell me what to think instead.
    That works ..

I was joking.
    I hoped my sarcasm would have come through ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    The Tenby Times is my organ of choice , bit lacking on world news but really handy if a car gets scratched or a cat does missing in Penally
    Time to .. 'step up' to the informational and intellectual heavyweight that is the Pembrokeshire Herald

The i because I don't have time in the week, and occasionally the Observer and Telegraph.

I've noticed the practice of covering up the sun with a local newspaper or whatever or picking the whole pile of them up putting them in a trolley and then leaving them behind the Weetabix in supermarkets seems to be growing. They seem to be trying to fight it by having about six individual racks of the sun.

I haven't bought a newspaper for eons. The only one I've read some of is the Metro that litter trains.

I know the OP was inconsolable when the "wank-tastically brilliant" Daily and Sunday Sport ceased publication.

Jimmy hasn't had so much sex since he was an altar boy😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Good shout, not forgetting obituaries, but do you read the politically biased 'straws in the wind' column, as i cant bring myself to?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Time to .. 'step up' to the informational and intellectual heavyweight that is the Pembrokeshire Herald
    Def an improvement on the Western Telegraph.

I get all my news and current affairs from this site.

If it ain't on here then it ain't true.

I used to love the Sunday sport back in the day. The headlines and problem page were class.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I haven't bought a newspaper for eons. The only one I've read some of is the Metro that litter trains.

I know the OP was inconsolable when the "wank-tastically brilliant" Daily and Sunday Sport ceased publication.
    Well there was that to be fair