Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
I certainly don’t think it would be a step backwards. I understand your reasons for wanting to sit, but those that still want to stand should be catered for. Personally I think it creates a better atmosphere, and I’ve yet to see a single fan at any ground remain seated to celebrate a goal.
When we played Liverpool at Wembley in 2010, a guy in front of me jumped up when we scored the 1st, and fell about 3 rows down, almost breaking his neck! Luckily he escaped unhurt.
Safe standing is a definite yes from me.
Suppose I'm just gettin' old and grumpy!

When I occasionally go to away games I end up standing as those around stand. The difference at home is that I don't tend to drink at home games and as such I like to watch the game sat down.
When away I will tend to have a good drink and I agree that not only is the match experience different, it is more exciting whether winning or losing... possibly due to the alcohol (which also has good anaesthetic properties!)

Concur with the gig standing too.... sitting down just doesnt feel right. Neither would going to a gig and not drinking.

Okay, standing for away fans only then (but limit the numbers at CCS )