+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tony Blair

Tony Blair

I seem to have missed this story about Tony Blair's Middle East envoy work being secretly bankrolled by a wealthy Arab state.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7894641.html

Re: Tony Blair

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I seem to have missed this story about Tony Blair's Middle East envoy work being secretly bankrolled by a wealthy Arab state.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7894641.html
    They’re all the same.

Btw I thought you told us not to trust msm?

I am a labour voter I hate Tony Blair and marched in Cardiff and London over his invasion of Iraq, a dispicable individual

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    They’re all the same.

Btw I thought you told us not to trust msm?
    It was originally reported in the Telegraph, and they aren't Tony Blair's biggest fans. Naturally the BBC failed to mention it at all.

It was originally reported in the Telegraph, and they aren't Tony Blair's biggest fans. Naturally the BBC failed to mention it at all.
    So am I supposed to trust msm or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    So am I supposed to trust msm or not?
    Depends. The Torygraph hated Blair, so it is probably a believable story. The BBC also failed to mention it, which gives the story further credibility. I'd rate it 99% chance of being true, based on the fact that Blair is a globalist, the BBC are globalists, and the Torygraph are anti-globalist.

Blog Entries

Depends. The Torygraph hated Blair, so it is probably a believable story. The BBC also failed to mention it, which gives the story further credibility. I'd rate it 99% chance of being true, based on the fact that Blair is a globalist, the BBC are globalists, and the Torygraph are anti-globalist.
    For dialectics to work you need opposing views.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    For dialectics to work you need opposing views.
    Have the Beeb mentioned the Uranium One scandal that is lighting up Capital Hill? I expect they have, considering they had no qualms about doing over the top wall-to-wall coverage of the fake Trump pissing dossier

Blog Entries

Have the Beeb mentioned the Uranium One scandal that is lighting up Capital Hill? I expect they have, considering they had no qualms about doing over the top wall-to-wall coverage of the fake Trump pissing dossier
    I'm not sure what you're getting at?

The BBC Is a great institution and the world would have been a different place without it , came before all others CNN ,FOX SKY ,it's made millions, changed broadcast, and set the benchmark for others to follow ,be proud its ours.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I tend to find the bbc is 'fair' to all sides, which is why both Left and Right are always quick to jump on the bbc when the bbc havent covered the bit of news they wanted to see etc.

For what it's worth Tony Blair and the rest of #new labour' BUT Tony Blair in particular is a religious fanatical war mongering self loving pious narcissist. He has the blood of hundreds of thousands of men women and children on his hands. I sincerely hope he has nothing but depression and horror for the rest of his days.

And to think I voted for this man
    I voted for him too .. once only

I was chuffed when Labour won that election with Blair at the helm. I don't think anyone could have guessed the things he would sign up for back then. I certainly didn't. I expect politicians to let me down in some ways or not to deliver on what they say, make some questionable decisions. Do things that I disagree with. That much is obvious I suppose. Tony Blair managed to take it to a whole new level with the Iraq War.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I am definitely objective and unbiased when I talk about people I hate.

A quick flick through the Telegraph articles about the 'Remaniac-in-chief' will show they are not his biggest fan.

A quick flick through the Telegraph articles about the 'Remaniac-in-chief' will show they are not his biggest fan.
    and that would make you more likely to believe a negative story they write about him? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    and that would make you more likely to believe a negative story they write about him? Why?
    He's trying to screw up Brexit isn't he? So I presume a pro-Brexit newspaper would like to discredit him.

I'm far from Blair's biggest fan either (he's the classic case of me needing to believe my first impressions of someone, because I didn't like him when he was being talked of as a bright young thing in the Labour party in the eighties, then I got taken in by all the New Labour bollox in 97, but, like you, I only voted Labour once in a General Election under his leadership), but I'd like to think I would need more than the fact the Telegraph doesn't like him before I became convinced that something they alleged about him was true.

Presumably you don't regard, say, the Telegraph and the Mail as mainstream media these days, because there are times when you give them a great deal of credence. On the other hand, you struggle to believe anything the MSM may say about Trump - there doesn't seem to be any nuances or shades of grey in your world.

I'm far from Blair's biggest fan either (he's the classic case of me needing to believe my first impressions of someone, because I didn't like him when he was being talked of as a bright young thing in the Labour party in the eighties, then I got taken in by all the New Labour bollox in 97, but, like you, I only voted Labour once in a General Election under his leadership), but I'd like to think I would need more than the fact the Telegraph doesn't like him before I became convinced that something they alleged about him was true.

Presumably you don't regard, say, the Telegraph and the Mail as mainstream media these days, because there are times when you give them a great deal of credence. On the other hand, you struggle to believe anything the MSM may say about Trump - there doesn't seem to be any nuances or shades of grey in your world.
    I know what you mean and it is a bit of a juggling act, but it all boils down to who benefits from any piece of information. There are often some side-effects over and above whatever happens to be the truth of the matter, and in this particular case it would be the question of Blair's integrity, as he attempts to influence the Brexit outcome.

Regarding Trump, I've known from the beginning that the Russian collusion story was a hoax, and they just wanted him out of office. They've tried really hard with coordinated attacks from the Democrats, the press, celebrities, ex-presidents, even some republicans, but the failure to remove Trump from the White House may have some undesirable consequences for those involved in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Bob did you vote for Blair because he told you things you wanted to hear ? and you believed him ?
    What has changed from the Bob of 1997 and the Bob of 2017 ?
    My vote was more anti Tory (I'm always anti Tory, but Major's Government was one that had run out of steam and it was probably a bad thing for the Conservatives that they won in 92) in 97 than pro Labour, but I was definitely pleased to see Labour win. Being honest, my not voting Labour in 2001 and 2005 was more of a protest against things like student loans and public private partnerships in the NHS (there was also the Iraq War to consider in 2005), but, certainly in 01, I would have voted Labour if there had been any chance of them being beaten.

Barring some amazing change of policy by one of the major parties, I'll be voting Labour whenever the next General Election is held because they now have what I call proper Labour policies.

My vote was more anti Tory (I'm always anti Tory, but Major's Government was one that had run out of steam and it was probably a bad thing for the Conservatives that they won in 92) in 97 than pro Labour, but I was definitely pleased to see Labour win. Being honest, my not voting Labour in 2001 and 2005 was more of a protest against things like student loans and public private partnerships in the NHS (there was also the Iraq War to consider in 2005), but, certainly in 01, I would have voted Labour if there had been any chance of them being beaten.

Barring some amazing change of policy by one of the major parties, I'll be voting Labour whenever the next General Election is held because they now have what I call proper Labour policies.
    I'll probably be joining you