+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joey Barton on Warnock.....

Joey Barton on Warnock.....

In his autobiography, Barton has this to say about our Neil:

"The consensus of my new team mates (at QPR) was that Warnock was a man-manager, plain and simple. The only way he could be classified as a coach was if you had taken his teeth out and installed a set of seats in his mouth...

QPR had assembled a solid senior pros..but Warnock allowed the squad to be compromised by a couple of over-indulged wasters (eg Taarabt) He let the mavericks get away with murder, ignored the lack of unity and tried to rule the rest by fear.

Warnock has cultivated a media image as a bluff, straight-talking Yorkshire man but I found him much colder and infinitely more fragile than he intends to appear.

The manager was a peripheral figure on the training ground for much of the week and his coaches seemed complacent, a self-perpetuating boys club. Very little work was done on the training pitches; even less on team shape or opposition analysis."

Warnock conflct.jpg

I'm uncertain about how accurate Barton's (maybe sensational?) comments are. Perceived wisdom is that Warlock knows what it takes how to get out of the Championship - and Lord knows he's done it enough times. But the accusation of a lack of coaching and tactical nous strikes a chord - he does however seem to leave substitutions until too late in the game.

Re: Joey Barton on Warnock.....

Wouldn't give much credence to anything Barton says. Especially his opinions.

Warnock in response (this is made up) do you think I'll listen to the opinion of a 'man' (sic) who stubbed a cigar out in a kids eye, who blindsided a team mate giving him a detached retina then laughed about it, who's been in court for attacking a 20 year old and a 16 year old, who cost me my job at QPR by instigating a whispering campaign about me and then nearly got the club relegated by attacking 3 Man City players and getting sent off allowing Man City to win the title.

Having a decent hair cut and quoting Smiths lyrics doesn't make you big or clever.

Barton is a complete and utter c unt of the highest order and has hated Warnock for a number of years - Knowing Neil he sussed him for what he is and 'man from the gutter' Barton didn't like it.

Barton will end up in prison eventually and claim he is misunderstood. Pathetic excuse for a human being and would be a pusher if he couldn't kick a football.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Good sum up imo thumb up smiley

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Warnock in response (this is made up) do you think I'll listen to the opinion of a 'man' (sic) who stubbed a cigar out in a kids eye, who blindsided a team mate giving him a detached retina then laughed about it, who's been in court for attacking a 20 year old and a 16 year old, who cost me my job at QPR by instigating a whispering campaign about me and then nearly got the club relegated by attacking 3 Man City players and getting sent off allowing Man City to win the title.

Having a decent hair cut and quoting Smiths lyrics doesn't make you big or clever.

Barton is a complete and utter c unt of the highest order and has hated Warnock for a number of years - Knowing Neil he sussed him for what he is and 'man from the gutter' Barton didn't like it.

Barton will end up in prison eventually and claim he is misunderstood. Pathetic excuse for a human being and would be a pusher if he couldn't kick a football.
    Dont sit on the fence. Tell us what you really think of Joey Barton.

Simon Jordan gave it to Joey Barton with both barrels on Twitter last week.

And Warlock appears to have had a successful battle strategy against 'Boro:

""asked their hosts if they were able to play through us? Are you willing to work harder than us? Are you prepared to fight longer than us?
    Warnock got his tactics spot on as he went with three centre-backs with the increasingly frustrated hosts being kept at arm's-length throughout....this was defending on the front foot and looking to counter and cause problems whenever possible, stretching the game with speed and always giving that hope of getting something more." WO

Warnocks record speaks for itself.
    Barton has the unfortunate combination of thinking he's cleverer than he is and also enjoying the sound of his own voice.

Let’s be honest, if it wasn’t for his off the field antics would anyone even know who Joey Barton is?

Journeyman footballer who thinks he’s clever. Not clever enough to realise that if he sorted himself out he’d be still earning a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Warnocks record speaks for itself.
    Barton has the unfortunate combination of thinking he's cleverer than he is and also enjoying the sound of his own voice.
    Exactly.

NW and Taarabt seemed to be doing fine at QPR till Barton turned up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Let’s be honest, if it wasn’t for his off the field antics would anyone even know who Joey Barton is?

Journeyman footballer who thinks he’s clever. Not clever enough to realise that if he sorted himself out he’d be still earning a living.
    Very astute .
    I have a chuckle now and then when "Mr Intelligent " himself uses a word or expression in the wrong context .
    I probably do it myself sometimes , but I am not making my living on the radio trying to be a clever dick .

Some fine references posted above, all pretty accurate and I need add nothing much more.

Cannot believe anyone would waste their money buying the autobiography of a very average player who somehow fashioned a career out of being a complete tw@t.

Can't see our Neil losing much sleep over these 'revelations'

I sometimes wonder if tactics, analysis and coaching have far less an effect than simply encouraging good players to go out and play their natural game.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I sometimes wonder if tactics, analysis and coaching have far less an effect than simply encouraging good players to go out and play their natural game.
    An organised team will definitely beat a team doing their own thing - assuming there's not a huge gulf in class in quality, like de Bruyne vs my team or something.

Teams do things like overloads in training, where there are two or more extra forwards than defenders and as long as they're organised, the defence will keep them out.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    An organised team will definitely beat a team doing their own thing - assuming there's not a huge gulf in class in quality, like de Bruyne vs my team or something.

Teams do things like overloads in training, where there are two or more extra forwards than defenders and as long as they're organised, the defence will keep them out.
    So that's why some teams go a season without conceding a goal.

Barton made a mess of his playing career and is now sratching about trying to earn a living on shows like Talk Sport.
    He will be suited to that station as there are number of obnoxious presenters on there he should be right at home.
    Who cares what a horrible person like him thinks.
    Neil Warnock as only to point to his record and put two fingers up to the little knob.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Barton made a mess of his playing career and is now sratching about trying to earn a living on shows like Talk Sport.
    He will be suited to that station as there are number of obnoxious presenters on there he should be right at home.
    Who cares what a horrible person like him thinks.
    Neil Warnock as only to point to his record and put two fingers up to the little knob.
    Barton and Murdoch belong together and deserve each other. However, I don't give Barton until the end of the season until he does something totally witless and stupid and gets the sack from said radio station owner.

I'd love Barton and Adrian Durham to do the drive time show on Talk Sport together. It would end up in fisticuffs, I'm sure. Would boost the stations ratings no end. it would make great listening for all those tuned in on tghe drive hoe from work. So how about it Murdoch ??

I would say Barton raises reasonable points, in that he is a man manager and not a tactician, but we already know that and are happy with that. Man management is what we needed given the state our squad was in, and he has cleverly surrounded himself with good staff to to fill in what he cannot provide in terms on training and coaching on the training pitch.

Banned

Barton spent 11 seasons in the Premier league not a bad achievement. He also does a lot of charity work.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Wouldn't give much credence to anything Barton says. Especially his opinions.

I'd ""bet " this was written as click bait hoping for retaliation from Warnock, to publicise his book and generate sales .

Top end tosser , he's whats wrong with football ,bit of talent nasty vindictive player, thick , opinionated, unfortunately the game gives a platform to thugs with gobs and, too much dosh.

Poor man's Graham Souness or , Bryan Robson , hard men ,tough ,skilled ,eloquent in opinion.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Barton spent 11 seasons in the Premier league not a bad achievement. He also does a lot of charity work.
    Translated:

Barton had 1 good season in the Premier league not a bad achievement for a professional footballer. He has also done a lot of community service

If Barton wasn't a footballer he would either be inside on a 25 stretch for drug dealing or murder. The despicable ****ing ****.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I would say Barton raises reasonable points, in that he is a man manager and not a tactician, but we already know that and are happy with that. Man management is what we needed given the state our squad was in, and he has cleverly surrounded himself with good staff to to fill in what he cannot provide in terms on training and coaching on the training pitch.
    Barton should look at his own poor behaviours before judging others ,hes let a lot down

Here is Joey Barton doing some charity work with old folk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmAi9XmlIo