+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff are the only club in the efl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff are the only club in the efl

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Slade was a manager who knew he was out of his depth so couldn't afford to risk trying out younger players. The pressure was always on him from day one so it didn't surprise me too much that he didn't give them much of a chance (frustrated the hell out of me though).

It's often surprising how one manager doesn't see much potential in a player, but then a new manager comes in and things change (or vice versa). The one thing I liked about Solskjaer (remember him?) was that he gave a fair few young players a chance in a relatively short space of time.
    I wasn't a slade fan by any means, but he did a very important job for us. Was a steady hand while we stripped a load of cost out of the team.
    OGS I wanted to be a great success, and brought in really good players, but to this day I have no idea how he was trying to get us to play. I'd say he was the one out of his depth.

Re: Cardiff are the only club in the efl

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wasn't a slade fan by any means, but he did a very important job for us. Was a steady hand while we stripped a load of cost out of the team.
    OGS I wanted to be a great success, and brought in really good players, but to this day I have no idea how he was trying to get us to play. I'd say he was the one out of his depth.
    Absolutely, he was a steady pair of hands brought in to do a hatchet job and did a decent job under the circumstances (even if the playing style wasn't great). But even with nothing to play for, fans could easily have gone easier on him if he tried out a couple of younger players when we had nothing to play for. Developing home grown talent is something I'm passionate about the club doing and I think every club should actively strive to bring players through their own academies.