+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good start to S8 of the walking dead

good start to S8 of the walking dead

A great start to the season

Just caught the end of the talking dead and Scott Gimple ( i think ) announced a walking dead / Fear the Walking Dead crossover

Re: good start to S8 of the walking dead

Recorded it, but not watched it yet so avoiding social media like the proverbial. Love this show, hooked since episode 1. Only shame is I don’t get to watch FTWD.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Recorded it, but not watched it yet so avoiding social media like the proverbial. Love this show, hooked since episode 1. Only shame is I don’t get to watch FTWD.
    You were taking something of a risk by opening this thread then?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You were taking something of a risk by opening this thread then?
    What’s life without the occasional risk?

Seen it now. Bit confused if I’m honest

Feedback

What is there to be confused about?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Without wishing to cause any spoilers, the flash forwards.
    As in, are they glimpses into the future, one good one bad? Or just a dream?

Without wishing to cause any spoilers, the flash forwards.
    As in, are they glimpses into the future, one good one bad? Or just a dream?
    Just Rick's visions of tomorrow

Always starts well then decends into at least 5 or 6 of the slowest most boring episodes I actually watch it on x2 or x4 speed....

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    The fact that such a plodding and boring programme has made it to it's eighth series? To be absolutely fair, I suppose I should have given it more than the four episodes I did before giving up on it.

Haven't seen this. Is it about the Jacks?

Still watching as I'm too invested now to give up,but jesus zombie Christ the writing has become so fekin stupid. Fed up of the characters doing stupid things after making stupid plans to do things that are even stupider...

And ,yes I do know its about zombies and not to be taken seriously, but so many things take me out of the story while I'm watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Still watching as I'm too invested now to give up,but jesus zombie Christ the writing has become so fekin stupid. Fed up of the characters doing stupid things after making stupid plans to do things that are even stupider...

And ,yes I do know its about zombies and not to be taken seriously, but so many things take me out of the story while I'm watching.
    Agree entirely with this, the last series and also in this episode I find myself shouting at the TV as the characters do such stupid things. In this series opening they spend all that time planning to attack Negan and then when they get there they talk to him again - just shoot him! They didn't have any problems shooting the 2 guards on the roof but the main psychopath, oh no they've got to talk things through with him yet again! Aaargghhh!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Always starts well then decends into at least 5 or 6 of the slowest most boring episodes I actually watch it on x2 or x4 speed....
    Let’s be honest, they only keep it going because it’s a money maker.

It hasn’t really got anywhere else to go but they’ll keep dragging it out because it’s become such a huge thing.

Saying that, I’ll probably still watch it (once it’s done I’ll watch the whole series together so it’s a bit more exciting) - I’ve watched it this far so I may as well see what happens with it. Really do think they need to wrap it up now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Agree entirely with this, the last series and also in this episode I find myself shouting at the TV as the characters do such stupid things. In this series opening they spend all that time planning to attack Negan and then when they get there they talk to him again - just shoot him! They didn't have any problems shooting the 2 guards on the roof but the main psychopath, oh no they've got to talk things through with him yet again! Aaargghhh!
    Lets shoot out all these windows with these bullets that must grow on trees and are not hard to come by in this world..

Final scene, bad guy with barbed wire baseball bat v good guy with a loaded machine gun... who will come out on top..??

Why continue to have a base so close to Negan, big empty world out there, they all have enough cars to go elsewhere.

Fekin stupid.

I love the show, but as others have mentioned, I found myself yelling at the TV "Just shoot the fecker!"

What they were doing shooting all the windows out is beyond me.

Personally, I'd be gathering everyone up and heading down to the Florida keys, finding my own island, clear the place of walkers and pull up the drawbridge.

I love the show, but as others have mentioned, I found myself yelling at the TV "Just shoot the fecker!"

What they were doing shooting all the windows out is beyond me.

Personally, I'd be gathering everyone up and heading down to the Florida keys, finding my own island, clear the place of walkers and pull up the drawbridge.

Just in time before the hurricane hits I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Just in time before the hurricane hits I hope.
    That would clear some walkers.
    They're a little lightweight..

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    That would clear some walkers.
    They're a little lightweight..

But they would just bob about for a bit before being washed back ashore.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    But they would just bob about for a bit before being washed back ashore.
    Rick would make a long speech, come up with a plan, then get attacked again.
    Simple, series 9 in the can.

I love the show, but as others have mentioned, I found myself yelling at the TV "Just shoot the fecker!" What they were doing shooting all the windows out is beyond me.

Gets on my nerves that. Its not like he his hiding away.
    At the end the bad guy had a baseball bat and the good guy had a machine gun and he still didn't shoot him.

If it wasn't for the fact I'd watched 100 episodes I would stop watching. That and I'm at the point that I want Rick and Carl to die.

I really enjoy it but what concerns me is the way they go on about doing hundreds more episodes. Im not sure I will be alive to see what happens in the end.

Maybe GoT have it right by bringing the series to a close.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Gets on my nerves that. Its not like he his hiding away.
    At the end the bad guy had a baseball bat and the good guy had a machine gun and he still didn't shoot him.

If it wasn't for the fact I'd watched 100 episodes I would stop watching. That and I'm at the point that I want Rick and Carl to die.
    There were about 30 of them with machine guns pointed at 6 of them including Neegan but they all missed him from 50 yards but boy did they give them windows a smashing.

they also had explosives but didn't use them when he was stood right in front of them

And the priest - hes ok to let all of his parishioners die by locking them out of the church but he'll get out of the car and sacrifice himself for the leader of hilltop who has told them all he wants them to die - yeah right.

they have stretched it too thin now - but I'll continue to watch it so I can continue to shout 'just shoot him he's only got a baseball bat!' much to my kids amusement who now just say its sh1t its nowhere near as good as it used to be and Game of Thrones is much better

How many Zombie stories can you make out of a Zombie story, FFS.

People find a reason to leave their safe haven, get attacked by Zombies, shoot/bash head in of said Zombies, go back to safe haven and watch the footie on Sky. FFS

PS:--- OK, I know the Sky bit is a teeny weeny bit far-fetched

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The fact that such a plodding and boring programme has made it to it's eighth series? To be absolutely fair, I suppose I should have given it more than the four episodes I did before giving up on it.

I watched about 3 episodes on recommendation but couldn't see the attraction at all.

It reminded me a bit of twin peaks meets the incredible hulk with a bit of Shawn of the dead thrown in.

I guess we should have given it at least a series or two then

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    How many Zombie stories can you make out of a Zombie story, FFS.

People find a reason to leave their safe haven, get attacked by Zombies, shoot/bash head in of said Zombies, go back to safe haven and watch the footie on Sky. FFS

PS:--- OK, I know the Sky bit is a teeny weeny bit far-fetched
    Zombie pundits would be easier to understand than Jamie eerrrr Carragher