+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever had a leathering following city ?

Re: Ever had a leathering following city ?

None of this is anything to bragg about or needs to be glorified in any way. At times during the 70's and 80's I was ashamed to be a City fan. It wasn't enjoyable at all. Thank god we have moved on and are now winning awards for family and community initiatives instead.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I was at that game. City fans set the portaloo on fire before the game even started 😂
    Remember Ray Daniel picking the ball up near his own penalty area running the length of the pitch, beating about 7 of their players, rounding the keeper , and putting it wide!!! Would have been a worldly!.
    Also 2nd half, City fans after lots of effort, finally pushing the advertisement boards at the side of the pitch over, and seeing dozens of South west plod who had linked arms to try to stop it, landing on their arses 😂
    Yes, it was a memorable evening. An away win and lots of mindless violence. The Gloucester chairman later described many of the travelling support as "subhuman" when groaning about the costs that would be incurred repairing their stadium. Most of the City fans were housed along one side that was split in half by barriers. Georgie Wood, he of no hair fame, saved the day and many goal bound efforts.

In the next round following a draw at Ninny an estimated 4,000 made the trip to Loftus Road for the replay. It was a routine loss on the pitch but their hoolie element didn't half get a drubbing pre and post match.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Yes, it was a memorable evening. An away win and lots of mindless violence. The Gloucester chairman later described many of the travelling support as "subhuman" when groaning about the costs that would be incurred repairing their stadium. Most of the City fans were housed along one side that was split in half by barriers. Georgie Wood, he of no hair fame, saved the day and many goal bound efforts.

In the next round following a draw at Ninny an estimated 4,000 made the trip to Loftus Road for the replay. It was a routine loss on the pitch but their hoolie element didn't half get a drubbing pre and post match.
    Wasn't it a 2pm kickoff? Or am I thinking about a different game?

Deffo under floodlights.

Tone down the afternoon Ukranian vodka sessions is my best advice. It's 80% proof FFS.

Deffo under floodlights.

Tone down the afternoon Ukranian vodka sessions is my best advice. It's 80% proof FFS.
    I may be thinking about a Barry Town game back in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    None of this is anything to bragg about or needs to be glorified in any way. At times during the 70's and 80's I was ashamed to be a City fan. It wasn't enjoyable at all. Thank god we have moved on and are now winning awards for family and community initiatives instead.
    I agree but the was the way it was

Gloucester was totally unprepared , it was carnage

As indeed was QPR , our bus from Bridgend lost its back window on the M4 after two of our idiots decided to have a wrestling match on the back seats , thumped against the window and out it pops into the M4

This was pre match , not long after we had visited chievley services on the M4 which some of our fans ransacked

A coach carrying the Swansea city youth team pulled in next to about 15 coach loads of our lot , they were saved by the police , they were just kids ff sake !!

Total mayhem before during and after game including city fans invading the pitch and trying to attack David seaman

Following this game mike Lambert from Cardiff city supporters club and the membership voted to ban all alcohol from supporters club coaches , it was a night of shame that Qpr match

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    I may be thinking about a Barry Town game back in the day!
    Barry v Reading? I was at that game as well. Think Barry took the lead before getting done 2-1. Few Reading fans got a beating that day. Hope our Piercy wasn’t one of them !!

Went with my Grampi to that QPR game as with all other away games we went to he would drive. Group of lads asked us where we were from on south Africa Road. 'Buzz off' would be his standard reply, which obviously meant from Cardiff. 'Never seen much trouble, the odd scrap by the Swansea Jack pub when I was a kid if memory serves. Some cheeky tw*t pushed my Grampi over. Nice of him to start on an old man and then keep running away from what I presume was Cardiff fans following on. Some Chelsea fans by Ninian Park Station who in fairness said he is an old man let him through. Pretty sure one of them dropped a block off the tunnel same night. It used to annoy him loads the 'mindless thugs' that he called them. I used to kind of like the fact that we had a following that would cause trouble although I don't know why and wouldn't be happy about it all now. I was a kid back then though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy View Post
    Couldn't find a Mothercare to hide in could you?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Spoil sport!
    No, really!!!!
    Awful spoil sport!

I bought a city belt once. That was indeed leather

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I lived I Bradford , was a member of Cardiff city northern branch but there was only a few of us , one bloke and his old man who lived in wetherby
    I remember them, think the lad was called Dave? I met them at an away game in Doncaster I think. I lived in Nottingham at the time, think there were only about 6 of us in the northern branch of Cardiff city supporters club at the time!

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I had Wolves 'calling cards' left on me.

Got a letter off Frankie Burrows and some City memorabilia including a photocopied first team autograph sheet and some city sweat bands sent to the hospital!. Also my brother got me the fiesta special from the magazine shop which had Mel from Mel and Kim in all her glory in it.

Still wasn't worth it though as I sucked tomato soup through a straw for 6 weeks.

That Wolves front 3 though!
    You also had liquidised curry takeaway through a straw, was the most disgusting thing seeing the bits that were stuck in the metal brace holding your jaw together! Now if I'd only been there I would have had them

Millwall home, mid 70's (probably about 76/77), walking from Central station to the ground with my scarf tied round my wrist some little twerp comes running up and tries to pull it off me. He was only small so I gave him a thump and didn't realise he had about 8 Millwall "big boys" with him, who chased me down the street. ( my mates legged it in the other direction!), tripped me up and got one or two kicks in before running off as 2 coppers slowly walked over. I was fine and have still got the scarf to this day ( the one with the blue white yellow stripes). Think this could be the start of a novel....

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I remember them, think the lad was called Dave? I met them at an away game in Doncaster I think. I lived in Nottingham at the time, think there were only about 6 of us in the northern branch of Cardiff city supporters club at the time!
    Dave robins , nice guy used to wear a yellow baseball hat , they would pick me up at Leeds station for away matches in the north or I would travel from Bradford on the train

Indeed there was , about six of us

Me in Bradford , Dave and his old man from just outside Leeds and a couple from Sheffield university

Indeed there was , about six of us

Me in Bradford , Dave and his old man from just outside Leeds and a couple from Sheffield university
    Dave Robins, that's it! We must have obviously met at an away game back then , there wasn't many of us, especially at away games up north on a Tuesday night when we were struggling at the foot of the old div 4. Of course as a northern bluebird I was quite far south living in Nottingham!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Dave Robins, that's it! We must have obviously met at an away game back then , there wasn't many of us, especially at away games up north on a Tuesday night when we were struggling at the foot of the old div 4. Of course as a northern bluebird I was quite far south living in Nottingham!
    Really nice bloke he was , yes we were really crap in those days but would always have a good following away

Really nice bloke he was , yes we were really crap in those days but would always have a good following away
    His hat was more like a foreign legion type thing with cloth hanging down the back of it if I remember correctly

I wonder what happened to him as he disappeared long before the rebrand fiasco - he must have been ahead of his time

and John do me a favour......Millwall F Troop - you'd run from Cilfynydd Scout troop.

Surprisingly, no.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Surprisingly, no.
    Nor me.

Nearest I came was a police dog nearly taking a chunk out of my leg outside the vetch

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    His hat was more like a foreign legion type thing with cloth hanging down the back of it if I remember correctly

I wonder what happened to him as he disappeared long before the rebrand fiasco - he must have been ahead of his time

and John do me a favour......Millwall F Troop - you'd run from Cilfynydd Scout troop.
    That's him , yellow baseball cap with a nice flapping rear

Bradford city at home around 94 95 , was minding my own business just passing the supporters club shop when a brawl with them started on sloper road , one came up to me asking if I wanted it so I shuffled off pronto to the back of the canton stand

It must have annoyed our nutters because the return game was aggro before and after with our train lot , I am glad I went on the supporters bus , I was going to make a weekend of it and visit Bradford and see my old workmates , it's a great city and a good night out but I heard a rumour that the soul crew were on a revenge mission so went the safe way , by supporters coach