+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ever had a leathering following city ?

Re: Ever had a leathering following city ?

Had a bit of a slap once following Barry Town, in Taffs Well of all places!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bradford city at home around 94 95 , was minding my own business just passing the supporters club shop when a brawl with them started on sloper road , one came up to me asking if I wanted it so I shuffled off pronto to the back of the canton stand

It must have annoyed our nutters because the return game was aggro before and after with our train lot , I am glad I went on the supporters bus , I was going to make a weekend of it and visit Bradford and see my old workmates , it's a great city and a good night out but I heard a rumour that the soul crew were on a revenge mission so went the safe way , by supporters coach
    You didn't "shuffle off" at the sight of Bradford's flat capped mob, you fibber. You bolted Linford Christie like.

You really do have no shame. Cardiff fans through the generations have earned a rep for wielding the boot and cracking skulls. You meanwhile were always in the snug of the nearest boozer supping a pint of mild while having a game of dominoes as the fists were flying nearby as you're proud to acknowledge.

It was a different story at Anfield though, wasn't it? Well, wasn't it?!

Whenever crazed Stretford Enders turned up threatening the integrity of the Kop you were very keen to dissuade them by way of a scaffolding pole.

Last season, (Reading home I think) I was having a few pre-match pints in the Cornwall and there was a fella with his boy who was aged about 6 or 7 having food.

We got chatting to them and it turned out it was their first dad/son game together so we were making a fuss of the boy.

All was going great and it was a decent half hour or so. With that, the little lad said he was full and couldn't eat anymore. They both left on good terms and we all continued to make a fuss of the boy, doing the Ayatollah etc.

The kid left loads of chips left, so I started tucking in. The bloke came back in to get his jacket that he left and went absolute batshit crazy.

I'm not a violent bloke at all but was right up to my face (with the kid looking on quite frightened). It took all my power not to chin the bloke in front of his son.

It's a good think I was only a pint or two in and was soberminded. I offered to buy him some more chips but he was just carried on effing and blinding before eventually leaving.

The bloke did look a right nut though. The mean streets of Canton hadn't been kind to his face....probably due to his attitude.

Some of you might vaguely remember it because everyone started telling to **** off.

Bell end mun.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have always managed to avoid getting my arse kicked but have come pretty close

The old fourth and third divisions were the worst ...... Cardiff were coming to town and even the smallest of clubs would have their fair share of nutters

Exeter , don't mention that place, Hereford , Lincoln , the list goes on

I nearly had my head kicked in at Rochdale , Peterborough , Chester

At home the nearest was Stockport , we were walking minding our own business when a load of them attacked us outside tescos by the canton cross

Later on their coach was found by our booth it's and got wrecked

Plymouth away was quite scary once or twice

The games against the bigger sides , such as spurs away I felt safe because we had so many nutters , it was like they had emptied Cardiff prison for the day
    Not really a leathering but glad to get out in one piece.

FA Cup at Elland Road ... lost 1-4 ... 1st away trip on football special.

Walked from station to ground (and back) through a valley of demolished buildings containing plentiful supplies of half bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Not really a leathering but glad to get out in one piece.

FA Cup at Elland Road ... lost 1-4 ... 1st away trip on football special.

Walked from station to ground (and back) through a valley of demolished buildings containing plentiful supplies of half bricks.
    I was in a transit van that broke down by the demolished buildings not a great day out,

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I was in a transit van that broke down by the demolished buildings not a great day out,
    We came unstuck big time after the game, coppers were to blame, letting us out of the ground in dribs and drabs, holding us back, meant small groups of city fans were easy prey for the leeds mob.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    We came unstuck big time after the game, coppers were to blame, letting us out of the ground in dribs and drabs, holding us back, meant small groups of city fans were easy prey for the leeds mob.
    I remember being kept behind until the Leeds mob went, but knew that they had not dispersed.

Very dark walk back to station.

The police dogs offered little protection.

The episode at Ninian Park in the cup was not really comparable.

Glad those days are over now.

Never thought I'd see the Cardiff faithful applauding the Leeds fans a few weeks back.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Did your van escape any damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    I remember being kept behind until the Leeds mob went, but knew that they had not dispersed.

Very dark walk back to station.

The police dogs offered little protection.

The episode at Ninian Park in the cup was not really comparable.

Glad those days are over now.

Never thought I'd see the Cardiff faithful applauding the Leeds fans a few weeks back.
    I remember seeing a city fan hiding under a car to escape the trouble. One city fan grabbed the arm of a local girl and pretended they were a couple, he forgot about the 'proud to be a Welshman' badge on the back of his denim jacket, they gave him a good kicking.

I remember seeing a city fan hiding under a car to escape the trouble. One city fan grabbed the arm of a local girl and pretended they were a couple, he forgot about the 'proud to be a Welshman' badge on the back of his denim jacket, they gave him a good kicking.
    Tydfil White didn't expect that!

Shouldn’t laugh at that but it did make me chuckle

Day of our cup final vs Pompey I was meeting some friends in the Prince of Wales before heading down the Bay to watch on the big screen.
    I got to the PoW before my mates, got myself a beer and found a place to stand outside in the sun and wait. Got a couple of slaps by two passing City fans who mistook my retro City top for a Pompey one..

FFS! ... Luckily they were fairly half hearted, and I think I even had an apology.
    Fkin Kardiff .. hehe:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You should have had some leatherings down the City with the amount of drunken threats you send privately on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Nor me.

Nearest I came was a police dog nearly taking a chunk out of my leg outside the vetch

Me neither, got taught (warned!)at an early age not to run, and it's held me in good stead over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Me neither, got taught (warned!)at an early age not to run, and it's held me in good stead over the years.
    Tbf I could probably count on two hands the number of away games I’ve been to which seems to be where most problems happen. At home it was always pretty easy to keep away from trouble although I do remember being on the Bob bank once and a load of jacks managed to break down the fence on the grange end and attack the bob bank but there was a couple of hundred city in between us. It didn’t end well for the JB’s if I recall.

Got floored after a game in Derby in around 1972. Iam McFaul in goal for Derby.
    Left the Baseball ground and like an earlier poster a skinhead walking ahead of me turned on his heels walked back 50 yards and decided to floor me unannounced. Ignored my mate who was alongside me.
    We beat Preston at home 5-2 a few days earlier so I don't think it was a City game. But I was in Uk to watch City.
    It hurt lots. Does it count?

Never seen any real problems PERSONALLY going away since. I am Always!

Conversely...

Early 70s, a mate of mine was in London, it was cold, so he was wearing his blue and white scarf around his neck, when some Arsenal fans spotted him, and shouted "Chelsea - get him!" and chased him.
    Not knowing the area, he got cornered.

He turned to face them, alone against 6 or 7 gooners, and said something like
    "Look, if I'm going to get a kicking, I'm not going without a fight.
    And I want it to be for the right reason - I'm Cardiff, not fooking Chelsea!|"

With that, they started laughing and had a bit of banter, then they showed him the way he needed to go.