+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Players out of contract next summer

Players out of contract next summer

Wales Online have done a very useful summary of the contract position for every player in the squad:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...tract-13786873

Contract expires summer 2018

Arun Gunnarsson, Junior Hoilett, Brian Murphy, Rhys Healey, Frederic Gounongbe, Greg Halford, Matthew Kennedy, Declan John, Ibrahim Meite

Contract expires summer 2019

Neil Etheridge, Lee Camp, Bruno Manga, Matthew Connolly, Jazz Richards, Kadeem Harris, Lee Peltier, Joe Bennett, Joe Ralls, Loic Damour, Anthony Pilkington, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Mark Harris, Stuart O'Keefe

Contract expires summer 2020

Sean Morrison, Sol Bamba, Kenneth Zohore, Callum Paterson, Lee Tomlin, Danny Ward, Omar Bogle

'Loans in' expiry dates

Liam Feeney (to 1 January 2018), Craig Bryson (to 31 May 2018)

I wonder what Warnock's thinking is about Gunnarsson and Hoilett?

Reports in the summer were that Gunnarsson was keen to sign a new contract but nothing has happened. That might have been paper or agent talk, but he is a class player, brings bite and tempo to the middle of the pitch, and has very few off days. I hope we don't get to January without an extension.

Hoilett got another year in the summer and that feels like all the club were willing to offer. He is usually quality and only 27, but maybe Warnock thinks he can get better into the club? I would like to see him on another contract extension (two years not one) asap based on what he has done so far this season.

I'm not too bothered about any of the others with contracts up next year - except maybe would prefer to see Rhys Healey stay (and Matty Kennedy if he continues to impress at Portsmouth).

Re: Players out of contract next summer

I don't think it was a case of warnock only offering Hoilett a one year deal, I reckon it was more of the other way around.

Would be happy to see him get tied down for something longer given his form this year

Keep Gunnar, Junior and Rhys, let the rest go

I should imagine it will be easy to keep Hoilett if we want him. I think Gunnar will be on his way for one last lucrative deal.

I'd try and keep Gunnarsson and Hoillet, and try and sign up Gunnar as soon as possible if only to ensure we get a fee and he doesn't go for nothing next summer. Especially as he will be in the shop window at the World Cup. But maybe he doesn't want to stay and sees a chance for a big signing on fee elsewhere? I like Hoilett too but not sure whether he will want to stay. The rest will al; leave I think, free up some wages for better players. Shame Pilkington and O'Keefe are under contract until 2019. I think Feeney will go back to Blackburn in January too, especially if Harris gets fit by then.