+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposed new cancer care centre at Velindre

Re: Proposed new cancer care centre at Velindre

For an informed view, check out http://www.transformingcancerservice...Masterplan.pdf

Have to say, (again) that the BIG problem will be getting around the area. I have no confidence in a department that creates a bus lane on Manor Way (by the golf course) which I have never seen a bus use; speed bumps on Park Road - which have been proved to increase emissions; and a small roundabout by Whitchurch library with FIVE 'on demand' crossings which create gridlocks even now (controlled crossings are surely the answer). Note the MasterPlan does not include any road improvements....Some Plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Tough decision - marsh fritillary butterfly or or maybe your wife, mother, son or daughter.
    No brainer, humans are in no danger of extinction, in fact, the global population increase is alarming, unsustainable and will need to be addressed. If we do become extinct, it will probably be self inflicted. On the other hand, once the Marsh Fritllary is gone, it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    No brainer, humans are in no danger of extinction, in fact, the global population increase is alarming, unsustainable and will need to be addressed. If we do become extinct, it will probably be self inflicted. On the other hand, once the Marsh Fritllary is gone, it's gone.
    Interesting point of view, which, of course you are fully entitled to. Just hope none of your family or close friends suffer from this awful disease in the future and need a facility such as that proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Thought that was the plan? Sounds like some nimbyism going on here, but it’s already pretty congested around there
    It should be in a place where access is best for everyone not in the North of a very congestion city ,the roads around there are dreadful what about access for folk east south and west , they could sell that prime land make a profit and build a brand new unit and have cash over

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It should be in a place where access is best for everyone not in the North of a very congestion city ,the roads around there are dreadful what about access for folk east south and west , they could sell that prime land make a profit and build a brand new unit and have cash over
    Access to the new site will be almost directly off the M4 motorway, which will be great for anyone in South Wales needing the service.

If you have a car

Interesting point of view, which, of course you are fully entitled to. Just hope none of your family or close friends suffer from this awful disease in the future and need a facility such as that proposed.
    I've two friends currently suffering from cancer, one self inflicted (smoking), one natural. I can assure you I have no objection to a new cancer care centre.

Access to the new site will be almost directly off the M4 motorway, which will be great for anyone in South Wales needing the service.
    Coryton interchange can be busy but it's not that bad.
    Also Coryton station is less than 5 min walk, Llandaff station 15 min walk and it's near frequent bus services from the City centre and from the Rhondda via Pontypridd and Blackwood via Caerphilly.

Not great for the butterfly population though or the greater crested newts who are undoubtedly living there.

Heisenberg

Not great for the butterfly population though or the greater crested newts who are undoubtedly living there.
    If it can be built elsewhere, then why bother destroying something unnecessarily?

Where else are you suggesting?

Heisenberg

Where else are you suggesting?
    I dunno... Croesyceiliog? Since you've become a true altruist, I'm sure you wouldn't mind them bulldozing your habitat in order to put a hospital there.

I said "If" in my post, if you care to look again. I wasn't suggesting anywhere, merely asking a question. Something tells me that you already knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I dunno... Croesyceiliog? Since you've become a true altruist, I'm sure you wouldn't mind them bulldozing your habitat in order to put a hospital there.

I said "If" in my post, if you care to look again. I wasn't suggesting anywhere, merely asking a question. Something tells me that you already knew that.
    I understand that there is a huge new critical care hospital under construction just down the road from the Croesyceiliog you refer to. Not sure too many have been incessantly moaning about the loss of habitat there.

Heisenberg

I understand that there is a huge new critical care hospital under construction just down the road from the Croesyceiliog you refer to. Not sure too many have been incessantly moaning about the loss of habitat there.
    You mean the one being built on the site of the previous hospital?

I bet the loss of habitat there has been apocalyptic

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You mean the one being built on the site of the previous hospital?

I bet the loss of habitat there has been apocalyptic
    It’s adjacent to the site of the previous hospital, on greenfield Land.

Do your research mate,

Heisenberg

It’s adjacent to the site of the previous hospital, on greenfield Land.

Do your research mate,
    Link?

Also, whats 'greenfield land' again, mate?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I heard they were going to develop on the housing that is already there by Whitchurch hospital. All mental health has now gone to Landough, so Whitchurch hospital land is being built on.

Same goes for RookWood - that has been sold for housing development. the land is worth a fortune, same goes for the BBC llandaff site. That on top of the Wiggins Teap Paper mill development and Cardiff traffic will come to a standstill within a few years. The council seem clueless about it though as they are probably getting back handers for it
    The UK needs a million new houses by 2020 allegedly. With hospitals, roads, schools etc chock-a-block better get used to things like gridlock. Call me an old cynic, but I think those houses will fill up, then we'll need more houses, more roads. Limiting the population would seem a more sensible suggestion, I think there's just too much money to be made in constant growth.

Whitchurch is a beautiful building , it will just be turned into yuppie flats

In a hundred years the only thing they will be able to do with the mental health unit at llandough

s turn it into a prison as that is what it's like in design on the inside , great staff mind , saved my life

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    The UK needs a million new houses by 2020 allegedly. With hospitals, roads, schools etc chock-a-block better get used to things like gridlock. Call me an old cynic, but I think those houses will fill up, then we'll need more houses, more roads. Limiting the population would seem a more sensible suggestion, I think there's just too much money to be made in constant growth.
    Over the 10 year period to mid-2024, the UK population is projected to increase by 4.4 million to 69.0 million. This is 249,000 higher than the previous (2012-based) projection for that year

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ons/2015-10-29

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Over the 10 year period to mid-2024, the UK population is projected to increase by 4.4 million to 69.0 million. This is 249,000 higher than the previous (2012-based) projection for that year

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ons/2015-10-29
    Don't worry the conservatives will sort everything out .........will they bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Don't worry the conservatives will sort everything out .........will they bollocks
    Savid Javid is on it as we speak. He got a high viz and hard hat on and is looking into a puddle on a building site right now.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Savid Javid is on it as we speak. He got a high viz and hard hat on and is looking into a puddle on a building site right now.
    He's another Tory **** , housing policy my arse

I was worrying for nothing, population growth not as fast as first thought in the UK...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41761292
    70 million by 2029