+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oh Dear, Leighton James beginning to panic....his worst nightmare looms into view

Oh Dear, Leighton James beginning to panic....his worst nightmare looms into view

Re: Oh Dear, Leighton James beginning to panic....his worst nightmare looms into view

Re: Oh Dear, Leighton James beginning to panic....his worst nightmare looms into view

Big laugh, though

Speaks like a child on that article. Short snappy sentences with little substance.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Speaks like a child on that article. Short snappy sentences with little substance.
    Probably had a pint of wine before writing it

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I assumed he was getting paid by the cliche.

"We go to Arsenal at the weekend, and given our fantastic record at the Emirates, we should be heading there full of confidence that we can get a draw at least, even a win."

He's off his cake

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Whereabouts in the town do you live mate ? Do I know you

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Probably had a pint of wine before writing it
    Probably writing it while driving his car after the pint of wine.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Thinly veiled ‘My restraining order only covers women’ post nqat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Thinly veiled ‘My restraining order only covers women’ post nqat.

What an odious childish freak that bloke is. That is seiriously all he's worried about, that Cardiff will overtake his pretty shitty team.
    Prick.

We met once, I think, at a kids game on the fields behind the cattle market. Lived on Cardiff Road just up from the traffic lights for 20 almost years before shifting to Minneapolis in 2011 so the missus could study for her Phd. We return for family visits from time to time (couple of weeks back in August actually) but at the moment she's seeking a permanent faculty position at a US university in some place in the US that we're prepared to live. I'm retired so it's easy come easy go and we're looking to open a new chapter before eventually returning home to see out our days.

We met once, I think, at a kids game on the fields behind the cattle market. Lived on Cardiff Road just up from the traffic lights for 20 almost years before shifting to Minneapolis in 2011 so the missus could study for her Phd. We return for family visits from time to time (couple of weeks back in August actually) but at the moment she's seeking a permanent faculty position at a US university in some place in the US that we're prepared to live. I'm retired so it's easy come easy go and we're looking to open a new chapter before eventually returning home to see out our days.
    She's being selfish wanting to stay in the states and stopping you from watching the bluebirds , divorce her and move back to Wales

Really? You'd think he'd be well used to it by now. He's in his 60s FFS. In his lifetime, how many years have there been when Swansea were ahead of Cardiff?

She's being selfish wanting to stay in the states and stopping you from watching the bluebirds , divorce her and move back to Wales
    Actually, I'm enjoying it for the time being. Minneapolis / Minnesota is a nice place to live with the exception of winter which this year arrives tonight with the first sight of snow due after dark. Even in deep winter the skies are mostly blue and the scenery is wonderful; land of 10,000 lakes is the state motto - hunting, shooting, fishing country all year round. And to try to give you an idea of size, the State is about as large as the UK but with one tenth the population and most of those are here in the twin cities, the only genuine urban area. The demographics of this place (in US terms) are to be envied: 90% white, low unemployment- at 3.3% a full 1% less than national average - and crime with 17 Fortune 500 companies based here.

But you're right I do miss the ritual of match days at CCS among many other things we Brits take for granted - pubs, decent TV, the NHS and so on. But sports in Minneapolis is big business being home to major teams in all the US sports which, unfortunately, I'm not a great fan of although it's hard not to follow your home town teams. 2016 Ryder Cup was held here and as you probably know Super Bowl 52 will be in the new Vikings Stadium (cost $1.2billion) next February.

I'll finish by saying this season is a delight so far and Ifollow allows me to create my own little ritual so I can be with you all every other Saturday. Only trouble is, kick-off is 9.00am in he morning here, sometimes hard to get in the mood

Actually, I'm enjoying it for the time being. Minneapolis / Minnesota is a nice place to live with the exception of winter which this year arrives tonight with the first sight of snow due after dark. Even in deep winter the skies are mostly blue and the scenery is wonderful; land of 10,000 lakes is the state motto - hunting, shooting, fishing country all year round. And to try to give you an idea of size, the State is about as large as the UK but with one tenth the population and most of those are here in the twin cities, the only genuine urban area. The demographics of this place (in US terms) are to be envied: 90% white, low unemployment- at 3.3% a full 1% less than national average - and crime with 17 Fortune 500 companies based here.

But you're right I do miss the ritual of match days at CCS among many other things we Brits take for granted - pubs, decent TV, the NHS and so on. But sports in Minneapolis is big business being home to major teams in all the US sports which, unfortunately, I'm not a great fan of although it's hard not to follow your home town teams. 2016 Ryder Cup was held here and as you probably know Super Bowl 52 will be in the new Vikings Stadium (cost $1.2billion) next February.

I'll finish by saying this season is a delight so far and Ifollow allows me to create my own little ritual so I can be with you all every other Saturday. Only trouble is, kick-off is 9.00am in he morning here, sometimes hard to get in the mood
    I am not bothered by the racial make up , what's the size of the twin cities urban area ?

Home of the mighty Prince, god rest his soul and Bob mould of husker du

Couldn't deal with the winters myself

Worst nightmare, back to normal he should be saying, status quo resumed. I’d love to see us swop places and have a few years in the top flight, if only to see the meltdown out west of there self inflicted descent to oblivion. And oblivion I reckon it could be now they have owners who don’t really give one, made there cash back already etc,,, they’ve lorded it over us all these years, things can change fast in football and we deserve some good times I think.

I am not bothered by the racial make up , what's the size of the twin cities urban area ?

Home of the mighty Prince, god rest his soul and Bob mould of husker du

Couldn't deal with the winters myself
    OK, had to look this up:

here's a map showing the Twin Cities including the 7 surrounding counties which make up the Metro area:

https://www.google.com/search?q=twin...l4FTk8TvzImMM:

The metro area has a population of 3.3 million out of a statewide total of 5.5 million. Hope the link to the map works but you can Google it easily anyway.

Of passing interest is that the Mississippi River rises from Lake Itasca in northern Minnesota, makes its way south through Minneapolis Downtown and continues south some 2320 miles entering the Gulf of Mexico at New Orleans. In doing that it runs along or through 10 different US states.

How many of you guys knew that?

International

I loved the accent when they screened Fargo. The policewoman saying "I guess............" I would sit and wait for it. And life is so slow!!!! beautiful.

International

Of passing interest is that the Mississippi River rises from Lake Itasca in northern Minnesota, makes its way south through Minneapolis Downtown and continues south some 2320 miles entering the Gulf of Mexico at New Orleans. In doing that it runs along or through 10 different US states.

How many of you guys knew that?
    Also the original territory of Minnisota was even larger but the US government hacked a chunk off the western side and used it to form part of the Dakotas.