+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What happened with minion?

Re: What happened with minion?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Good bloke, Bob.
    Too right he is

From what I saw of the thread last night, it brought out the absolute best in people. From offering advice, sharing experiences to actual jump in the car help.
    Some of you guys made me proud to be associated with you.
    I hope that Minion WAS on a wind up because obviously nobody wants to see anyone take their own life, but at the same time, assuming it was a wind up, then he disgusts me.
    Not so much for trivialising such a serious issue, but for exploiting other people’s genuine desire to help and for introducing the risk that at some point an all to real cry for help might not be taken at face value next time.
    Again, assuming it was all a wind up, in my opinion the most low-life disgrace of a poster this board has ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I went for my wrists when I was very ill, got a nasty scar but thankfully it didn't work

I know a few people with scars and they don't bother to cover them up any more. The shame leaves after a while and it is just symbolical of their improvement

I'm Still not 100% sure it was a wind up?
    Not on here as much as I used to be so not sure of the characters on here anymore. Would somebody really post something as harrowing as that if they didn't mean it and were crying out for help?
    Im not sure?
    Not knowing who he is or anything about his previous form on this message board I would rather that it was a wind up rather than the thread was deleted and he has nowhere to turn now if he really was desperate

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Good bloke, Bob.

That's for sure. Well done Bob

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Not on here as much as I used to be so not sure of the characters on here anymore. Would somebody really post something as harrowing as that if they didn't mean it and were crying out for help?
    Im not sure?
    Not knowing who he is or anything about his previous form on this message board I would rather that it was a wind up rather than the thread was deleted and he has nowhere to turn now if he really was desperate
    Don't worry Bob. You done plenty. All you could mate.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    From what I saw of the thread last night, it brought out the absolute best in people. From offering advice, sharing experiences to actual jump in the car help.
    I hope that Minion WAS on a wind up because obviously nobody wants to see anyone take their own life, but at the same time, assuming it was a wind up, then he disgusts me.
    Not so much for trivialising such a serious issue, but for exploiting other people’s genuine desire to help and for introducing the risk that at some point an all to real cry for help might not be taken at face value next time.
    Again, assuming it was all a wind up, in my opinion the most low-life disgrace of a poster this board has ever seen.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Every post of his previous to last night was a wind up. What sick **** makes a thread like that.

Im not sure?
    He has been trolling forums for years, using the same act on both here and ****. Hes easily spotted. Always having a pop at the English, the Valleys, or the Egg. I have no doubt he will turn up again once the autumn internationals start.

Youve already had last night ruined worrying about him, I wouldnt waste a minute longer as youre giving him far more credit than he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

I know a few people with scars and they don't bother to cover them up any more. The shame leaves after a while and it is just symbolical of their improvement
    I have some nasty ones on my neck but I can cover them up with stubble

I see that that thread has been deleted and that he’s listed as banned.
    I fell hook and line for it. Wasn't aware he was a wind up. Spilled a bit as well...ffs

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I fell hook and line for it. Wasn't aware he was a wind up. Spilled a bit as well...ffs
    Just goes to show you’re one of the decent blokes whose first instinct was to try and help someone.

If it was a genuine cry for help he needs help.
    If it was a wind up he needs help. Preferably after a bloody good kicking for being an utter **** of the lowest order.
    Only good thing out of this is how people genuinely cared when they thought it was needed.

Well said.

How much of a tosser must you be to act like that?

Just goes to show you’re one of the decent blokes whose first instinct was to try and help someone.
    Indeed , well done to everybody who was trying to help someone who appeared to be in need of urgent psychiatric help

The bottom line remains the same , if you are thinking of killing yourself get yourself to your nearest accident and emergency , don't drive .....get a family member or friend or get a taxi ........walk into reception with a note saying you are suicidal and hand it to the receptionist ......you will be seen first by the nursing team then by a member of the on call psychiatric liaison team , either a psychiatric nurse or a psychiatrist ........they will assess you and look after you

If you are too ill to get to hospital phone 999 and tell the operator you are having serious suicidal feelings , if there are no ambulances you may be dealt with by the police under a section 163 but they use this as a last resort

If you need someone to talk things through the freephone Samaritans number is 116123 but if you are very ill they are likely to contact the 999 services on your behalf

Sludge

If all we learned from this thread is that uncle bob is a thoroughly bloody nice bloke then it might have been worth the turmoil.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Indeed , well done to everybody who was trying to help someone who appeared to be in need of urgent psychiatric help

The bottom line remains the same , if you are thinking of killing yourself get yourself to your nearest accident and emergency , don't drive .....get a family member or friend or get a taxi ........walk into reception with a note saying you are suicidal and hand it to the receptionist ......you will be seen first by the nursing team then by a member of the on call psychiatric liaison team , either a psychiatric nurse or a psychiatrist ........they will assess you and look after you

If you are too ill to get to hospital phone 999 and tell the operator you are having serious suicidal feelings , if there are no ambulances you may be dealt with by the police under a section 163 but they use this as a last resort

If you need someone to talk things through the freephone Samaritans number is 116123 but if you are very ill they are likely to contact the 999 services on your behalf

Sludge
    Good advice Sludge.
    I fell for that last night (if indeed it was a windup), can’t believe someone would sink that low.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    If all we learned from this thread is that uncle bob is a thoroughly bloody nice bloke then it might have been worth the turmoil.
    Also that there needs to be a way to stop banned people simply setting up another account and coming straight back on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Also that there needs to be a way to stop banned people simply setting up another account and coming straight back on here.
    Not sure that's possible really, you can hamper an individual from getting on the board but if they're determined enough they'll get back on one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Not sure that's possible really, you can hamper an individual from getting on the board but if they're determined enough they'll get back on one way or another.
    If you ban IP addresses then people can just use a VPN

I remember when they kept banning Roathie on **** so he set up around 10 accounts one after the other saying something along the lines of

You Wont
    Stop me
    I will
    keep on
    setting up
    accounts you
    will never
    defeat me

Insanse individual. Think he posted on here as Dimi.

Im not sure?
    If The Boss says he's a troll, and deletes the thread, it's good enough for me.

As someone who genuinely was in a serious situation one evening and reached out to this board and received unbelievable support, of which I will never forget, and thank all those involved for ever, I think the ban is the least that scum deserved. Feeling suicidal is something you must NEVER cry Wolf about.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Spotted the thread half way through and watched it pan out.

Should be easy to spot if he turns up again, recognised him in his variois guises and he was definitely PerryJason, contradictory and provocative... but not in a clever way.

I do think the guy has issues.
    It is the sort of subject that will need to be always taken seriously.
    If it is ever used as a joke then, how would anyone know for sure.
    Making troll bait out of the subject would be about as pathetic as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    As someone who genuinely was in a serious situation one evening and reached out to this board and received unbelievable support, of which I will never forget, and thank all those involved for ever, I think the ban is the least that scum deserved. Feeling suicidal is something you must NEVER cry Wolf about.
    I remember that time. Good to see you posting and hope you’re in a better place now.

Yes, gets to me though because I used to be one to keep my nose out of strangers business, but then I had my little episode so to speak a few years ago, after that I was always more willing to approach people if I thought they needed some sort of help...

Then a wind up prick comes along likenthat ****ing idiot lastnight. Probably sat in the box room of his mother's flat laughing to himself for being so funny, while screaming at his xbox.