+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a crazy last minute ! Killie v Rangers

Re: What a crazy last minute ! Killie v Rangers

Not sure about their squad depth, but Celtic would be lower half of the Premier League in my opinion, Aberdeen would be relegation strugglers in the Championship and I reckon Rangers would be in League One hoping to secure a top six finish.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not sure about their squad depth, but Celtic would be lower half of the Premier League in my opinion, Aberdeen would be relegation strugglers in the Championship and I reckon Rangers would be in League One hoping to secure a top six finish.
    Can’t really argue with that ,the situation is only going to get worse as the premier league gets richer and richer.
    It is something I personally can’t change so try not to give it to much worry time.
    IN the unlikely event Rangers and Celtic were brought into the English system they would soon start to improve through the additional funds @vailsble to them. Investors would be clamouring to buy into them due to the size of the clubs. It appears that is the way modern football works .

I also accept that both clubs carry more than their fair share of ignorant bigots which is partly the reason other clubs supporters dislike them. The great thing about living down here is the religious aspect is practically non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Down the Gower .

Your point is caller one ?
    Was going to ask for some car advice , winter service etc

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Football is all about money , Scottish football has been left behind compared to the premier league , probably way behind the prize money available in the championship . Nothing I say will change that fact .

Despite the fact there is no money here we are discussing the merits of a poor Rangers side and Scottish football in general , we even have Sludge joining in a football post rather than banging on about his personal life .

The Welsh league is a football fest comparable to amatuer football anywhere in the third world .
    Someone gets a bit touchy when Scottish league is run down. The Welsh football league is improving; Celtic are improving; can you say the same for the rest of Scottish domestic football? Rangers, according to pundits, misstepped in hiring the coach who has just gone and didn't improve under him so your second biggest club has been on pause for what, 18 months?

Celtic would easily be upper midtable in the premier league but rangers are championship stuff.

Does anyone talk about the old firm in mainland Europe? Possibly but because of the hype built on a fierce rivalry (including the religious stuff) rather than quality of football.