+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 MILLWALL. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v MILLWALL. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Awful game made worse by the ref.

Will be interested to why Tomlin's goal was ruled out.......high boot would be the cop out?
    We've got short memories. This exact thing happened against us when Chelsea did it to Marshall in the Prem. It was against the rules then, and it's against the rules now.

Other than that though, the ref was very poor in the second half. Was a clear pull on Morrison in the box at the death.

Will be interested to why Tomlin's goal was ruled out.......high boot would be the cop out?
    It is a grey area but I think it is still considered to be in the goalkeepers possession until he kicks it or it touches the floor and therefore you can't touch it.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 MILLWALL. Match thread

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-...and-misconduct

"An indirect free kick is awarded if a player:

prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it"

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    We've got short memories. This exact thing happened against us when Chelsea did it to Marshall in the Prem. It was against the rules then, and it's against the rules now.

Other than that though, the ref was very poor in the second half. Was a clear pull on Morrison in the box at the death.
    I was thinking that at the time, I couldn't remember if the goal was given then or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It is a grey area but I think it is still considered to be in the goalkeepers possession until he kicks it or it touches the floor and therefore you can't touch it.
    No grey area, very clear, the ball is still in the goalkeepers possession until he has distributed it. If it's in his hands, in the air for kicking, or bouncing it is still in his possession.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Definite foul play. Tomlin could also have been penalised for obstruction before the keeper punted it forward.

Once keeper releases the ball in the air to punt forward no challenge can be made.

Surprised by lack of knowledge of the rules of the game from a professional footballer.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    No grey area, very clear, the ball is still in the goalkeepers possession until he has distributed it. If it's in his hands, in the air for kicking, or bouncing it is still in his possession.
    Law 12 FIFA

Offences committed against goalkeepers

• It is an offence for a player to prevent a goalkeeper from releasing the ball
    from his hands

• A player must be penalised for playing in a dangerous manner if he kicks or
    attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing
    it

• It is an offence to restrict the movement of the goalkeeper by unfairly
    impeding him, e.g. at the taking of a corner kick

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Maybe not the worst ever but sounds pretty poor, not helped by some dire refereeing it seems!
    I was listening to it whilst at the match. No it wasnt a great game but the commentator seemed to forget all the chances and saves in the first half and just constantly slagged it off.
    My favourite contribution from him was when he claimed that not many Cardiff fans will know that Neil Harris once played for the Bluebirds on loan 13 years ago. At half time I realised that he didn't know that cos he'd read it in the programme!

Can anyone confirm if Bamba was in midfield again ? Driving me potty this tactic by Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Can anyone confirm if Bamba was in midfield again ? Driving me potty this tactic by Warnock.
    Started off in midfield then switched to 3 centre backs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Started off in midfield then switched to 3 centre backs.
    Thanks. Seems a bit defensive for Millwall at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That one where he was pushed over by the corner flag was ridiculous.
    I do tend to be diplomatic when it comes to criticising refs, but I admit I roared a massive "**** off!" when I saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I do tend to be diplomatic when it comes to criticising refs, but I admit I roared a massive "**** off!" when I saw that.
    Jason Perry defended the ref in his commentary saying it was a fair tackle and the inevitable momentum saw Hoilett end up wear he did.